By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Opinion: Gears 4 And Scalebound Don't Look Too Good

Gears 4 looked so small and the dialogue felt like they were strolling through a park without any sense of urgency.. The shooting looked clunky and old and it looked like Gears 1 with a PG rating. Where's the gore? And why are the characters treating everything like they're just having afternoon tea with chainsaws?

Scalebound looked even worse. The guy shooting his little bow and arrow looked insanely silly, making me wonder why he wouldn't just ride the dragon permanently (why dismount at all?). The boss was just big, sitting there letting everyone hit him over and over. Then we got all the characters rushing to hit its brain into submission. There seems to be no movement, just static hit the big dude who keeps flaling around against thin air.

Halo Wars looked great though. And I love that everything is going on PC.

Around the Network

Disagree a lot with Gears 4, thought that looked great, if you maybe are thinking of Gears 1 with some nostalgia googles on you should possibly take a look at that game again now, sure it looked great on the launch of the X360 but Gears 4 blows it away.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I'm not one to judge something too early or before it releases, and I thought the Gamescom Scalebound demo looked good but the E3 demo looked unimpressive. I feel like the gameplay just doesn't look fun at all.

Gears looks boring and generic as hell. So yes I agree with you. And yeah that dialogue is just aweful

Scalebound... the first demo last E3 looked okay, at times good. But the last boss fight was bad.

Scalebound graphically looks good, but the gameplay and VA is questionable imo. That boss fight, combat looked really messy. Combat looks like crap.

Gears of war looks fantastic, though.

Around the Network

I liked the boss fight at the end of scalebound! I thought it looked good. I'm indifferent to Gears 4.

bugrimmar said:

Gears 4 looked so small and the dialogue felt like they were strolling through a park without any sense of urgency.. The shooting looked clunky and old and it looked like Gears 1 with a PG rating. Where's the gore? And why are the characters treating everything like they're just having afternoon tea with chainsaws?

Scalebound looked even worse. The guy shooting his little bow and arrow looked insanely silly, making me wonder why he wouldn't just ride the dragon permanently (why dismount at all?). The boss was just big, sitting there letting everyone hit him over and over. Then we got all the characters rushing to hit its brain into submission. There seems to be no movement, just static hit the big dude who keeps flaling around against thin air.

Halo Wars looked great though. And I love that everything is going on PC.

Yeh I'd say it is prob just you. Question answered!

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

Scalebound looked a bit boring and slow I guess.

I thought Gears looked good. I'm not totally sold on the new characters or the story, but it looks fun.

I can confidently say that Scalebound is going to suck. Every time they show that game it looks worse.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Gears looked good from a technical standpoint, but it didn't look as brilliant as some made it out to be imo.

Scalebound...meh, I'm not even going to go there.