By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To the Wii u owners who thought zelda was enough for E3...

Don't own a Wii U, and looking at the answers I'm glad I don't. Want to play Zelda though, but I don't have too much faith in Nintendo supporting their console with games I want to play. I'll be waiting two years before considering buying the NX.

Around the Network

I can't imagine anyone would have solely gamed on just the WiiU since it launched. The droughts would have been enough to push away even the most hardcore fans.

think-man said:
I can't imagine anyone would have solely gamed on just the WiiU since it launched. The droughts would have been enough to push away even the most hardcore fans.

That was me until i bought a ps4 2 months ago. So sad just thinking about it. Ps4 has so many great games and i can imagine just gaming on the ps4 this generation 

Well I still have plenty of the backlog to go through. I have a total of 15 more games for the Wii U that I plan to get.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

The most likely new wii u game I'll get this year is Paper Mario. I might check out the smtxfe game but I don't think I have time for a jrpg.

I still haven't played more than the opening few hours of xcx despite getting that day one so I still have a jrpg I can play if I have the craving.

Around the Network
Pinkie_pie said:
think-man said:

That was me until i bought a ps4 2 months ago. So sad just thinking about it. Ps4 has so many great games and i can imagine just gaming on the ps4 this generation 

Up until this friday I have only had a Wii U. I am not very hardcore though (whatever that means) but I have most of the Wii U games, even third parties.

Bought a PS4 because it was cheap and plan to mainly play No Man's Sky and racing games - terrible lack of racing games on Wii U. So far a little dissapointed with PS4. Back to the horrible small controlers of the HD-twins!

Anyway: What to do with the Wii U the rest of the year?

Use the gamepad for my web-browsing/TV-controlling/movies and series streaming/games with the family/Off-TV-play. I am seriously going to miss the gamepad for the next generation! It is so comfortable to hold! I dont even let go off it when I take a little nap! ...and it so versatile!

Games I plan to play:

Paper Mario (looks very good to me).

M&S at the Olympic games looks like a very good game for the family.

Terraria and Minecraft (played it on X360 but I want to play it again).

Lol what a bait thread.

midrange said:

What do you plan on doing for the rest of 2016?

Since no third party games were announced and zelda is coming in 2017, what is there left for 2016? At least ps4 players, xbox one players, and pc players have many third party games that will be padding out the year (along with some first party games like the last gaurdian). How can one game that won't come out this year be considered a successful E3 for Nintendo when nothing else was shown for the wii u for this year?

You do know we have our LIFE and how we own more than 1 Platform? Because I have:

- Fucking uni

- Fe fates which came out a month ago here in Australia and so far Ive only finished birthright and halfway of Conquest. I still have Revelations to do and the amount of replays im going to do. 

- TMS#FE in a few weeks. 

- Pokemon Sun and Moon

- My PC games like KAG and League of Legends

- I want to get back to splatoon

- I also want to finish Bayonetta and Pikmin 3. 

This might not be anough for you, but for me this is A LOT!!!! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

midrange said:
I hope many people aren't getting the notion that I am trying to downplay the wii u.

Personal opinions aside, the wii u still has upcoming games (like FExSMT and paper mario). However, this thread is focusing on what was shown at E3 (because E3 just happened of course).

Personally I am frustrated with the wii u E3 lineup (if we can call it a lineup), but that is not the same as saying that the wii u has no games.

The Thing is us Wii U owners already expected this in the beggining of the year and when Nintendo said that they are only/mainly showing Zelda e3! 

We already passed the complaining stage and have already accepted it. We are used to droughts like this. But we are still happy that THIS AWESOME GAME is still coming to the Wii U! And its ending the Wii U at a good note! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

DonFerrari said:
Super_Boom said:

If you like Zelda more than anything else that was shown, you most certainly can say so. It's called having an opinion. If someone weighs their favorite game as their highest interest factor, then that could easily determine their preference. That doesn't mean they can't enjoy anything else, it simply means their favorite game is that much more important to them in deciding on this arbritary winner.

Though honestly, I don't know who decided that "winning E3" is anything more than that in the first place. 

Having Zelda as your preffered game is certainly enough to say it was the best game on E3, but if you end up playing the other 10 games show while waiting for Zelda then it's hard to say Nintendo won E3 by showing that single game.

Quality > Quanitity 

There are people that follows this. And I personally do as well! 

Pocky Lover Boy!