By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To the Wii u owners who thought zelda was enough for E3...

midrange said:
sc94597 said:

I own a gaming pc, a 3DS, and plenty of Wii U games I haven't played yet. Besides that I have a life and other hobbies. Do you think all Wii U owners only own one platform? 

I don't expect people to have only one console, but that being said, as a wii u owner, are you really excited for the fact most of the big 2016 titles are skipping the wii u? 

E3 is about hyping people up and getting people excited for the upcoming games. They showed nothing for the wii u for 2016 so can we really call it a successful E3 for the wii u?

Personally I bought my Wii U last December, and have a huge backlog of games to address. I knew the Wii U wasn't getting much in the future when I bought it. It was still worth it to me though because there were more than five games I wanted (which is usually my rule for buying a console.) 

These days I replay old games out of nostalgia as much as I play new games, so I really don't care about quantity too much. As long as there is a good number of titles that interest me and make the initial $250-400 investment worth it , I am satisfied with the platform. 

As for E3, I don't think I've been hyped for an E3 in ages. It isn't what it used to be, there are many other high-priority events and announcements are more spaced out. This is a good thing. Having said that, Breath of the Wild hyped me more than any quantity of Nintendo games could have. It is very exciting to see Zelda evolve and ditch conventions, while retaining its core, considering it is probably in my top five video game series. 

Around the Network

I assume this thread is referring to Wii U only owners? I imagine these users are a minority here, so this seems like a very limited discussion.

Personally, I have Xenoblade Chronicles X, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, and several indie games in my backlog, and I plan to play TMS and the Hyrule Warriors DLC when they come out. There's apparently been a lot of updates to Splatoon and Mario Maker as well, which I haven't played in a while. Not too bad for a "dead" system.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Unfortunately I have no backlog for the Wii U. I've played and beaten every single game I wanted for the system. Now I shall wait for the new Paper Mario and then.....NX AND ZELDA BABY!!! WOOOOOO!!!! Till then, I'll be playing on the PS4 and Xbox One.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

I'm gonna cry a lot.

midrange said:
sc94597 said:

I own a gaming pc, a 3DS, and plenty of Wii U games I haven't played yet. Besides that I have a life and other hobbies. Do you think all Wii U owners only own one platform? 

I don't expect people to have only one console, but that being said, as a wii u owner, are you really excited for the fact most of the big 2016 titles are skipping the wii u? 

E3 is about hyping people up and getting people excited for the upcoming games. They showed nothing for the wii u for 2016 so can we really call it a successful E3 for the wii u?

Tbh, anyone who's seen Nintendo's E3 last year probably wasn't expecting them to show anything new for the Wii U besides Zelda this year. They clearly moved on to NX development for a while now.

Around the Network

lot of funny replies... if Nintendo really dominated the conference with having only one game why would you need more games, right?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

A little bit of backlog and some games I haven't been able to purchase yet like Hyrule Warriors, Mario Maker, Pokken Tournament, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze...I think you get my point.

Yeah, like I only have a WiiU for my gaming needs.lol

You know the 3ds exists, right?

And my PC lets me play games likes CSGO with friends.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I've already preordered Tokyo Mirage Sessions and plan to buy Shantae: Half-Genie Hero on September, my 3DS will take care of the rest.