By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - To the Wii u owners who thought zelda was enough for E3...

Well, I knew Zelda was coming to NX already so I'll be selling my Wii U this month to save money for the NX next year.

Around the Network

My backlog is gigantic... and I keep buying games. I have a problem. Can we have something like Gamers Anonymous?

Also, I dont limit myself to play only new games... or only from Wii U... or Nintendo... or only from this gen. Does a game have to be new for me to get it?

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

Op you just have to realise WiiU owners want different things, like different things and have different standards. It's why the WiiU has only sold 12 million, because it just doesn't appeal to most people. But some are happy with it.

I say this as a WiiU owner that doesn't fit that description however.

sc94597 said:
midrange said:

What do you plan on doing for the rest of 2016?

Since no third party games were announced and zelda is coming in 2017, what is there left for 2016? At least ps4 players, xbox one players, and pc players have many third party games that will be padding out the year (along with some first party games like the last gaurdian). How can one game that won't come out this year be considered a successful E3 for Nintendo when nothing else was shown for the wii u for this year?

I own a gaming pc, a 3DS, and plenty of Wii U games I haven't played yet. Besides that I have a life and other hobbies. Do you think all Wii U owners only own one platform? 

Apparently people DO still think that even though it's demonstrably false.  

Also, there is Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, which is shaping up really well.  But for me, I have a backlog to clear out.  I still haven't played Hyrule Warriors, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Mario Maker, Yoshi's Wooly World, New Super Mario Bros U.  I haven't even finished Skyward Sword :P.  Zelda is the cherry on top, not the only thing I have to do.  And I too have a PC, 3DS, and PS4.

Vini256 said:
Well, I knew Zelda was coming to NX already so I'll be selling my Wii U this month to save money for the NX next year.

I never thought of that. There is not more games I'm looking forward to on WII U. Might as well sell it.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Vini256 said:

I never thought of that. There is not more games I'm looking forward to on WII U. Might as well sell it.

I'd have sold mine about a year ago, but I decided I'll probably keep it just for collection purposes. I hate it but there's not many of them out their, in comparison to other consoles at least. Might be quite rare in a decade or two.

sc94597 said:
midrange said:

Since no third party games were announced and zelda is coming in 2017, what is there left for 2016? At least ps4 players, xbox one players, and pc players have many third party games that will be padding out the year (along with some first party games like the last gaurdian). How can one game that won't come out this year be considered a successful E3 for Nintendo when nothing else was shown for the wii u for this year?

I own a gaming pc, a 3DS, and plenty of Wii U games I haven't played yet. Besides that I have a life and other hobbies. Do you think all Wii U owners only own one platform? 

I don't expect people to have only one console, but that being said, as a wii u owner, are you really excited for the fact most of the big 2016 titles are skipping the wii u? 

E3 is about hyping people up and getting people excited for the upcoming games. They showed nothing for the wii u for 2016 so can we really call it a successful E3 for the wii u?

Barkley said:
jason1637 said:

I'd have sold mine about a year ago, but I decided I'll probably keep it just for collection purposes. I hate it but there's not many of them out their, in comparison to other consoles at least. Might be quite rare in a decade or two.

Yeah, your right. The only console i have that I ould consider rare is a Dreamcast.

I hope many people aren't getting the notion that I am trying to downplay the wii u.

Personal opinions aside, the wii u still has upcoming games (like FExSMT and paper mario). However, this thread is focusing on what was shown at E3 (because E3 just happened of course).

Personally I am frustrated with the wii u E3 lineup (if we can call it a lineup), but that is not the same as saying that the wii u has no games.

midrange said:

PS4.  It has me for the rest of this generation.  Zelda for Wii U is just a bonus for me right now.