By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is timed exclusive

Ali_16x said:
Swordmasterman said:

"Microsoft makes most of their money from America." Microsoft's most money isn't bigger than Sony's America sales this gen, with Resident Evil being much more popular on PS than Xbox, with The Last of Us selling 10+ Millions of units, with Days gone being developed, it shows that this genre is very popular within the Playstation Fanbase, and this could not be different, The most popular horror games are the Japanese ones, Sillent Hills, Resident Evil, Fatal Frame, etc.

That's not what I'm talking about so I'm not sure why you are. I'm talking about Xbox One has sold most of it's units in America, so of course, America is going to be Microsofts money maker. And the thing about Sony literally means nothing, Sony fans can be just enjoying Zombie games, but that literally has 0 to do with what Xbox gamers think about it.

Just like how shooters sell more on Xbox, even though there are more PS4s in America than Xbox, sometimes FPS sell more on Xbox. And just like how JRPGs don't sell on Xbox. I'm not sure what you guys are trying to argue, Xbox owners play different genres than PlayStation owners, it's a FACT.

This gen to date I believe that Every shooter and every single game of every genre sold more on PS4 than on Xbox One. You are saying that  the reason  to make it Exclusive for the Xbox One  is because American people like zombie and shooter games, in your statement  you made it looks like if the PS4 don't had the public for that kind of game, but there are more Americans who purchased the PS4, and Shooters sell nearly the same on both systems on USA (PS4 probably have the advantage if we count bundles), and the PS4 have a huge advantage Worldwide.

There is indeed a big deal to skip the PS4 in a game like this because the PS4's user base would purchase the game, This isn't in the same as skipping JRPG from the Xbox One, because even the biggest JRPG sells several times less on Xbox One than on PS4, even without Japan's help.

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
ms should have just payed for full exclusivity. people dont' hype timed exclusives like they do full exclusives and that's really the point of it all is it not?

I think its safe to assume timed exclusive deals are significantly cheaper.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Dead rising has never really interests me much. I played the original on 360 and I got bored pretty quick. I tried dead rising 3 out on Xbox one and while I enjoyed it a bit more, it's never been a franchise I felt I need to play.

Not to mention capcom should be making a new devil may cry and onimusha. Way better franchises imo.

Swordmasterman said:
Ali_16x said:

That's not what I'm talking about so I'm not sure why you are. I'm talking about Xbox One has sold most of it's units in America, so of course, America is going to be Microsofts money maker. And the thing about Sony literally means nothing, Sony fans can be just enjoying Zombie games, but that literally has 0 to do with what Xbox gamers think about it.

Just like how shooters sell more on Xbox, even though there are more PS4s in America than Xbox, sometimes FPS sell more on Xbox. And just like how JRPGs don't sell on Xbox. I'm not sure what you guys are trying to argue, Xbox owners play different genres than PlayStation owners, it's a FACT.

This gen to date I believe that Every shooter and every single game of every genre sold more on PS4 than on Xbox One. You are saying that  the reason  to make it Exclusive for the Xbox One  is because American people like zombie and shooter games, in your statement  you made it looks like if the PS4 don't had the public for that kind of game, but there are more Americans who purchased the PS4, and Shooters sell nearly the same on both systems on USA (PS4 probably have the advantage if we count bundles), and the PS4 have a huge advantage Worldwide.

There is indeed a big deal to skip the PS4 in a game like this because the PS4's user base would purchase the game, This isn't in the same as skipping JRPG from the Xbox One, because even the biggest JRPG sells several times less on Xbox One than on PS4, even without Japan's help.

We only have NPD as a REAL source so if you're using VGC, don't. Those numbers are just fake.

And of course most games are going to sell on PS4, the PS4 has more units in America.

When both consoles launched in America and they were pretty much even, shooters sold more on Xbox, so it's a fact. And no I'm not saying that Capcom had a deal because Zombies sold more on Xbox. I'm saying that gamers of consoles enjoy different games and if Xbox One owners enjoy shooters more than PS4 owners, I definitely think they enjoy zombie games more also AND that the person I was talking too shouldn't use Tomb Raider as an example because people enjoy diffferent games. And again, you don't seem to be getting the point of what I am saying.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

I think even on PS4 i wont take it, Days Gone is muvhbmore interesting in the zombie games

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Around the Network

Great news!!

Ali_16x said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Short term gains is all great for, well,  the short term. But surely it's better for them to invest on all platforms for the long term. It's actions like this that will keep them in a rut. 

We don't even know what MS paid the exclusivity but I bet it doesn't cover the potential sales on other platforms plus the damage to the franchise caused to exclusivity.

They've fucked up Street Fighter releasing half a game and now they are reducing the Dead Rising fan base and stunting growth.

You do know that's not how it works right? You think if they could fund their own games, they wouldn't be? Do you even know what invest means? It means you need money. And how exactly are they going to invest with no money? They took Microsoft's money, and then "invested" in the game.

Save the condescending reply for the stupid posts.

What did I say to give you the impression I don't know what 'invest' means. I'm pretty sure what I wrote made  ense. Did you mean that I didn't know the extent of Capcom's money troubles? And instead of antagonising people you really wanted to encourage a good debate?

SWORDF1SH said:
Ali_16x said:

You do know that's not how it works right? You think if they could fund their own games, they wouldn't be? Do you even know what invest means? It means you need money. And how exactly are they going to invest with no money? They took Microsoft's money, and then "invested" in the game.

What did I say to give you the impression I don't know what 'invest' means. I'm pretty sure what I wrote made  ense. Did you mean that I didn't know the extent of Capcom's money troubles? And instead of antagonising people you really wanted to encourage a good debate?

lol...

No, your post didn't make sense, because what you said was completely wrong. To invest in their own games by themselves means they need to have money and of course they don't.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:
So Capcom like slowly killing their franchises? Not a good move.

If MS is willing to fund games they will always exclusives.

Funding a game means they are taking the finacial risk that Capcom may not want to.

You would think that Dead Rising is one of their least risky projects. I just think it'll hurt them in the long run ignoring the significantly larger install base for short term gains. 

Ali_16x said:
SWORDF1SH said:

lol...

No, your post didn't make sense, because what you said was completely wrong. To invest in their own games by themselves means they need to money and of course they don't.

OK, you're turning into one of those users that ignore what you just wrote. 

It looks like you're 'invested' in this thread to much and taking people's responses way too personal. You are literally all over this thread like dog shit.

With that, I'm out!