By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is timed exclusive

KingofTrolls said:
I think OP shall add some like " rumor " in the title, it may be misleading for some.

I dont think there's a doubt:

The only other platform I can think of is the NX and I doubt this is what he's referring to here:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Ali_16x said:

lol...

No, your post didn't make sense, because what you said was completely wrong. To invest in their own games by themselves means they need to money and of course they don't.

OK, you're turning into one of those users that ignore what you just wrote. 

It looks like you're 'invested' in this thread to much and taking people's responses way too personal. You are literally all over this thread like dog shit.

With that, I'm out!

Lol? You don't even know what you're talking about and you still don't even reply to defend what you said but instead you're talking about how I'm being "mean" to you. And you were wondering why I was talking the way I was.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

SWORDF1SH said:
Mr Puggsly said:

If MS is willing to fund games they will always exclusives.

Funding a game means they are taking the finacial risk that Capcom may not want to.

You would think that Dead Rising is one of their least risky projects. I just think it'll hurt them in the long run ignoring the significantly larger install base for short term gains. 

Well clearly taking away risks was enticing to Capcom. Even OG Xbox had a lot of exclusives so I'm not sure why people are confused why X1 gets them.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:

You would think that Dead Rising is one of their least risky projects. I just think it'll hurt them in the long run ignoring the significantly larger install base for short term gains. 

Well clearly taking away risks was enticing to Capcom. Even OG Xbox had a lot of exclusives so I'm not sure why people are confused why X1 gets them.

So you think it's more to do with standard practices at Capcom rather than financial problems? And they believe that this system works best for them?

Mr Puggsly said:
kitler53 said:
ms should have just payed for full exclusivity. people dont' hype timed exclusives like they do full exclusives and that's really the point of it all is it not?

I think its safe to assume timed exclusive deals are significantly cheaper.

Yes you can guarantee it is cheaper, especially when when full exclusivity means you have to pay to keep it from a 40M+ install base.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
Swordmasterman said:

This gen to date I believe that Every shooter and every single game of every genre sold more on PS4 than on Xbox One. You are saying that  the reason  to make it Exclusive for the Xbox One  is because American people like zombie and shooter games, in your statement  you made it looks like if the PS4 don't had the public for that kind of game, but there are more Americans who purchased the PS4, and Shooters sell nearly the same on both systems on USA (PS4 probably have the advantage if we count bundles), and the PS4 have a huge advantage Worldwide.

There is indeed a big deal to skip the PS4 in a game like this because the PS4's user base would purchase the game, This isn't in the same as skipping JRPG from the Xbox One, because even the biggest JRPG sells several times less on Xbox One than on PS4, even without Japan's help.

We only have NPD as a REAL source so if you're using VGC, don't. Those numbers are just fake.

And of course most games are going to sell on PS4, the PS4 has more units in America.

When both consoles launched in America and they were pretty much even, shooters sold more on Xbox, so it's a fact. And no I'm not saying that Capcom had a deal because Zombies sold more on Xbox. I'm saying that gamers of consoles enjoy different games and if Xbox One owners enjoy shooters more than PS4 owners, I definitely think they enjoy zombie games more also AND that the person I was talking too shouldn't use Tomb Raider as an example because people enjoy diffferent games. And again, you don't seem to be getting the point of what I am saying.

I don't think that the Xbox owners like more Zombie games than PS owners, Japan is one of the creepiest countries in the world so Horror and Supernatural games are something comum for the console.

And about the sales, the sales on the USA  even for shooters is bigger for the PS4 than for the Xbox One, if you include Bundles Call of Duty and Destiny probably sold more on PS4 than on Xbox One.

The only reliable numbers we get are the numbers from UK, Japan, and USA, 2 of the few countries that Xbox One sell well and even so their software sales are lower than the PS4 in every genre and when is a Japanese game the gap is Huge.

And you is using just the USA sales of Xbox One's software or Worldwide ?, because it sells more on UK where they have less than 1 Million of Lead, on the USA, where they have over 3 Millions of lead.

Mr Puggsly said:
SWORDF1SH said:

So you said that the Street Fighter deal was a bad thing for Capcom ?, this is the same thing and I still thinking the same way, if they don't have money to make the Game is Ok to make it exclusive if someone pay for it, like Bayonetta, Dead Rising, Street Fighter.

Swordmasterman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

So you said that the Street Fighter deal was a bad thing for Capcom ?, this is the same thing and I still thinking the same way, if they don't have money to make the Game is Ok to make it exclusive if someone pay for it, like Bayonetta, Dead Rising, Street Fighter.

No, I felt the SFV deal was bad for the IP, especially in its current form. I also dont think Capcom needed help releasing an incomplete game.

Dead Rising isnt as established and has to launch complete. It looks like a bigger financial risk to me.

Bayonetta could only happen with funding from someone pretty much willing to lose money. I bought a Wii U pretty much just for that.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Timed exclusivity is not a wise thing for Capcom. Microsoft must be giving them and offer they cannot refuse, since they are desperate and are the worst at first party.Capcom needs the money but games they develop still need to be profitable.

At least this franchise has a history with xbox. Means timed exclusivity makes more sense in this case.