By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is timed exclusive

Mr Puggsly said:
Swordmasterman said:

So you said that the Street Fighter deal was a bad thing for Capcom ?, this is the same thing and I still thinking the same way, if they don't have money to make the Game is Ok to make it exclusive if someone pay for it, like Bayonetta, Dead Rising, Street Fighter.

No, I felt the SFV deal was bad for the IP, especially in its current form. I also dont think Capcom needed help releasing an incomplete game.

Dead Rising isnt as established and has to launch complete. It looks like a bigger financial risk to me.

Bayonetta could only happen with funding from someone pretty much willing to lose money. I bought a Wii U pretty much just for that.

They needed the money to make Street Fighter V, the same way they need the money to make Dead Rising 4, being a less popular franchise make this easier for them, it is less development cost.

Bayonetta is from Sega, they don't needed the money for the development but they were not willing to invest in the franchise without the help of Nintendo.

Around the Network
Swordmasterman said:
Ali_16x said:

We only have NPD as a REAL source so if you're using VGC, don't. Those numbers are just fake.

And of course most games are going to sell on PS4, the PS4 has more units in America.

When both consoles launched in America and they were pretty much even, shooters sold more on Xbox, so it's a fact. And no I'm not saying that Capcom had a deal because Zombies sold more on Xbox. I'm saying that gamers of consoles enjoy different games and if Xbox One owners enjoy shooters more than PS4 owners, I definitely think they enjoy zombie games more also AND that the person I was talking too shouldn't use Tomb Raider as an example because people enjoy diffferent games. And again, you don't seem to be getting the point of what I am saying.

I don't think that the Xbox owners like more Zombie games than PS owners, Japan is one of the creepiest countries in the world so Horror and Supernatural games are something comum for the console.

And about the sales, the sales on the USA  even for shooters is bigger for the PS4 than for the Xbox One, if you include Bundles Call of Duty and Destiny probably sold more on PS4 than on Xbox One.

The only reliable numbers we get are the numbers from UK, Japan, and USA, 2 of the few countries that Xbox One sell well and even so their software sales are lower than the PS4 in every genre and when is a Japanese game the gap is Huge.

And you is using just the USA sales of Xbox One's software or Worldwide ?, because it sells more on UK where they have less than 1 Million of Lead, on the USA, where they have over 3 Millions of lead.

Ok this seems to be pointless, you're still talking about sales in which there are more PS4s. So of course there are going to be more sales.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Timed exclusivity is not a wise thing for Capcom. Microsoft must be giving them and offer they cannot refuse, since they are desperate and are the worst at first party.Capcom needs the money but games they develop still need to be profitable.

Capcom isnt doing this for a profit? Just for love MS?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ali_16x said:
Swordmasterman said:

I don't think that the Xbox owners like more Zombie games than PS owners, Japan is one of the creepiest countries in the world so Horror and Supernatural games are something comum for the console.

And about the sales, the sales on the USA  even for shooters is bigger for the PS4 than for the Xbox One, if you include Bundles Call of Duty and Destiny probably sold more on PS4 than on Xbox One.

The only reliable numbers we get are the numbers from UK, Japan, and USA, 2 of the few countries that Xbox One sell well and even so their software sales are lower than the PS4 in every genre and when is a Japanese game the gap is Huge.

And you is using just the USA sales of Xbox One's software or Worldwide ?, because it sells more on UK where they have less than 1 Million of Lead, on the USA, where they have over 3 Millions of lead.

Ok this seems to be pointless, you're still talking about sales in which there are more PS4s. So of course there are going to be more sales.

I don't understand what you is trying to say, your first statement is that Xbox One sell Shooters better than PS4 but Worldwide and even on Markets where Xbox is strong the PS4 still sell more  units of the same shooter game than the Xbox One .

And having the bigger install base does not mean nothing, Nearly all the Japanese games sold more on PS3 Worldwide and also sold more on PS3 than on Xbox 360 in the USA where Xbox had 20+ Millions of lead, this Gen different than the PS3, te a single the Xbox One don't have a single genre where the console sell more units than the PS4's version, not even Cod, Battlefield, Overwatch, Far Cry (Far Cry in special sold Much more on the PS4 and the gap wasn't so big back then).

Swordmasterman said:
Mr Puggsly said:

No, I felt the SFV deal was bad for the IP, especially in its current form. I also dont think Capcom needed help releasing an incomplete game.

Dead Rising isnt as established and has to launch complete. It looks like a bigger financial risk to me.

Bayonetta could only happen with funding from someone pretty much willing to lose money. I bought a Wii U pretty much just for that.

They needed the money to make Street Fighter V, the same way they need the money to make Dead Rising 4, being a less popular franchise make this easier for them, it is less development cost.

Bayonetta is from Sega, they don't needed the money for the development but they were not willing to invest in the franchise without the help of Nintendo.

I've discussed many times over and probably with you in the past. I believe SFV went exclusive for a big pay day, not out of necessity. I dont wanna argue about it.

I dont believe Sega felt Bayonetta 2 was worth the money. It probably wasnt profitable either as an exclusive for Wii U. Great game though.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
SWORDF1SH said:
Mr Puggsly said:

I think its safe to assume timed exclusive deals are significantly cheaper.

Yes you can guarantee it is cheaper, especially when when full exclusivity means you have to pay to keep it from a 40M+ install base.

40M wouldn't buy the game though so that can't be how that works. No one would pay for exclusives if it were like that. Does anyone know exactly how these deals get worked out or are we all just assuming? 

I wouldn't be surprised if this deal was made back when they were developing DR3. They probably knew Capcom was going to do the same thing as they did last gen, release the 1st as an exclusive, then the 2nd as a multiplat. So, MS most likely worked out a deal with them to at least make the 2nd one of the gen a timed exclusive. That's what I'm guessing, anyway, since you would be a complete idiot to ignore a fanbase that will be ~50M strong by the time your game comes out. Especially since the PS4 may be seeing a few great zombie games launch next year that will pull interest away from their game.

TheSting said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Yes you can guarantee it is cheaper, especially when when full exclusivity means you have to pay to keep it from a 40M+ install base.

40M wouldn't buy the game though so that can't be how that works. No one would pay for exclusives if it were like that. Does anyone know exactly how these deals get worked out or are we all just assuming? 

I didn't mean 40M would buy the game, just that there are 40M PS4s out there. 

And I'm assuming deals like this can go various ways but you would also think a company would work out what most profitable. For instance, if Capcom projects 2 million DR4 sales on XB1 which brings in, let's say, $60M and 3M on PS4 which brings in $90M, you would think that MS would have to pay at least $90M to make up for lost sales and a bit more for the privilege of exclusivity. If it's timed and the project to only sell 1.5M on PS4 when released a year later, MS would only have to pay $45M for the lost 1.5M unit sales to have it timed exclusive plus extra for the privilege. 

That how I'd assume a healthy deal would work. Since Capcom are desperate, they might not be getting the going rate.

SWORDF1SH said:
TheSting said:

I didn't mean 40M would buy the game, just that there are 40M PS4s out there. 

And I'm assuming deals like this can go various ways but you would also think a company would work out what most profitable. For instance, if Capcom projects 2 million DR4 sales on XB1 which brings in, let's say, $60M and 3M on PS4 which brings in $90M, you would think that MS would have to pay at least $90M to make up for lost sales and a bit more for the privilege of exclusivity. If it's timed and the project to only sell 1.5M on PS4 when released a year later, MS would only have to pay $45M for the lost 1.5M unit sales to have it timed exclusive plus extra for the privilege. 

That how I'd assume a healthy deal would work. Since Capcom are desperate, they might not be getting the going rate.

That seems plausible actually.

Aerys said:

Just shows that Microosft e3 was even worse than what i thought

No it isn't, they showed good things that you completely ignore.

Proud to be a Californian.