By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Rising 4 is timed exclusive

Aerys said:
jason1637 said:

FF7 begs to differ. It was the most viewed game of last e3.

Because it's not a " one year timed exclusive "

Has that been confirmed?

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Aerys said:

Because it's not a " one year timed exclusive "

Has that been confirmed?

The only confirmation we have, based on the trailer and such, is that it is "first on playstation"

So this big 2 million seller will come to PS4 after all eh?

jason1637 said:
kitler53 said:
ms should have just payed for full exclusivity. people dont' hype timed exclusives like they do full exclusives and that's really the point of it all is it not?

Lol, you compare the Remake of the best selling JRPG of all times (It only lose to Pokemon which is handheld.), the Most expensive game of all time from 1997 until the release of a Call of Duty game of the 7th gen, with a middle sized Ip from Capcom ?.

Final Fantasy 7 had a cost 10-15x greater than FF 10, and nearly 2x greater than Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, was something really insane and it is still something insane for the nowdays standart.

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:

Lol, you compare the Remake of the best selling JRPG of all times (It only lose to Pokemon which is handheld.), the Most expensive game of all time from 1997 until the release of a Call of Duty game of the 7th gen, with a middle sized Ip from Capcom ?.

Final Fantasy 7 had a cost 10-15x greater than FF 10, and nearly 2x greater than Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain, was something really insane and it is still something insane for the nowdays standart.

Well, it's a fair comparison to show that timed exclusives such as FF7 remake could be hyped up. It's not a bad thing to hype up timed exclusives(I'm looking forward to DR4 and FF7).

Also most of the budget for FF7 was used to market it.

Around the Network
IamAwsome said:
Ali_16x said:

No it isn't stupid. It's amazing how people still can't understand that Capcom is having money problems.

Everybody understood when SFV got announced. 

Shouted it from the hilltops lol

jason1637 said:
Swordmasterman said:

Well, it's a fair comparison to show that timed exclusives such as FF7 remake could be hyped up. It's not a bad thing to hype up timed exclusives(I'm looking forward to DR4 and FF7).

The next game who had the cost higher than FF7 (Call of Duty something from 7th gen) more than 50% of the Budget was marketing budget.

People hype games because they are good, the Remake of the most popular JRPG isn't the same as the remake of Dead Rising 1 (which isn't so old).

Final Fantasy is the king of the genre, Final Fantasy is for JRPG what GTA is for the Sand Box genre, what Need for Speed is for the arcade racing genre, etc.

This would only be fair to compare Final Fantasy 7 Remake with some Resident Evil Remake (if we would jump into the Zumbi thing).

Swordmasterman said:
jason1637 said:

The next game who had the cost higher than FF7 (Call of Duty something from 7th gen) more than 50% of the Budget was marketing budget.

People hype games because they are good, the Remake of the most popular JRPG isn't the same as the remake of Dead Rising 1 (which isn't so old).

Final Fantasy is the king of the genre, Final Fantasy is for JRPG what GTA is for the Sand Box genre, what Need for Speed is for the arcade racing genre, etc.

This would only be fair to compare Final Fantasy 7 Remake with some Resident Evil Remake (if we would jump into the Zumbi thing).

According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop Shenmue had a higher development budget than FF7.

But yeah i agree people can get hyped about a timed exclusive if its a really good game ie ff7,tomb raider etc.

I wasn't comparing the quality of Dead Rising to Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy games are really good, but so are Dead Rising games but not as good as Final Fantasy Games. I was just using it as an example of timed exclusives can be hyped up.

Like i said i wasn't comparing the quality of the games. Also, Pokemon is the king of the JRPG genre imo.   

Well it's only timed

jason1637 said:
Swordmasterman said:

According to this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most_expensive_video_games_to_develop Shenmue had a higher development budget than FF7.

But yeah i agree people can get hyped about a timed exclusive if its a really good game ie ff7,tomb raider etc.

I wasn't comparing the quality of Dead Rising to Final Fantasy. Final Fantasy games are really good, but so are Dead Rising games but not as good as Final Fantasy Games. I was just using it as an example of timed exclusives can be hyped up.

Like i said i wasn't comparing the quality of the games. Also, Pokemon is the king of the JRPG genre imo.   

Me neither, I was just comparing the Final Fantasy's weight for his genre, only another games with similar weight for their genres can be compared.