By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is this skewed Narrative of Sony has no games for the year

Intrinsic said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
Most of those aren't Sony games, but when did anyone say Sony has no games this year? Are you sure this narrative even exists?

5-6 of the games listed there are "Sony" games. And every other one of them are at best exclusive to the PS4 or at worst console exclusive. 

Cool so you agree, most are not Sony games.

Can anyone link to posts/threads where this narrative actually exists?

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Intrinsic said:

5-6 of the games listed there are "Sony" games. And every other one of them are at best exclusive to the PS4 or at worst console exclusive. 

Cool so you agree, most are not Sony games.

Can anyone link to posts/threads where this narrative actually exists?

Don't care enough to try really. Didn't even say I agree with said narrative. Just responded to the most games arent sony games like that makes a difference when they are all exclusive to the PS4 console. If we take out the games that arent exclusive to the console, then it actually looks worse for MS and those that even say stupid things like that. 

The only people who say "sony has no games" anymore are Sony fans acting like people are out to get them. Then other sony fans agree in an echo chamber and continue on thinking that people are saying it....
The Ps4 has plenty of games, so does the xbox one. Wii u.... Well let's not talk about that lol

WoodenPints said:
"PS4 has no games" is just a stupid thing that "mainly" Sony fans decide to say when they have nothing to add to a thread and are looking to troll/bait others into console war arguments; Everyone knows there is plenty of games apart from the usual forum warriors.

Yep.

We used to see the same thing from Nintendo guys saying "Nintendo is doomed" at every opportunity, despite nobody actually saying anything of the sort. There has been very little talk here or on other forums about Sony having no games for the year, because frankly it simply isn't true. People aren't stupid enough to say it when it's so easily refutable, especially after the E3 showing they had.

And if they do say it, they're stupid and you should ignore them anyway.

Ratchet & Clank, Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4 already this year.

No Man's Sky, Last Gaurdian and GT Sport later this year - on top of PSVR launch this October.

Sony fans get games all year round - and don't need to wait on Santy Claus to bring us our games each year.

Around the Network
iceland said:
Damn Playstation fans are the new Christians in america, virtually have everything going for them but still feel oppressed. War on Christmas 2.0

That's because deep inside they are insecure.

Moderated - Miguel_Zorro

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

iceland said:
Damn Playstation fans are the new Christians in america, virtually have everything going for them but still feel oppressed. War on Christmas 2.0

Happens to whichever fanbase is on top.  I remember when I was first looking to get back into console gaming after having been a WoW player for a long time, I remember posting something like "the Wii doesn't seem to have a lot of games that interest me."  I had no idea that I had walked into an explosive situation until the charts rained down from the heavens and blotted out the sun.  I especially liked the one that listed every yearly release of Just Dance.

Only the holidays matters

Pinkie_pie said:
2 other exclusives ill also be buying are star ocean and the king of fighters 14

Was going to post about Star Ocen but looks like someone caught it already.

hiccupthehuman said:
Normchacho said:

Yeah, but they don't count because they're VR. 

Remember, the only games that count are big budget western games that come out in the last 3 months of the year.

Well, if it's anything like the Oculus games, most are gonna be short, indie, side-missions or tech demos, from devs trying to capitalize on the new tech quickly. If you can't really single out any specific ones and have to group them collectively, maybe it's cause none are really worth mentionning.

No one really considered Kinect games either back in the day.

Well, I can name some of the bigger VR games. Rigs, Eve: Valkyrie, and Battlezone being the 3 major launch titles I can think of off the top of my head.

Most of them will be small, $10 or $15 games though I'm sure.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.