By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is this skewed Narrative of Sony has no games for the year

iceland said:
Damn Playstation fans are the new Christians in america, virtually have everything going for them but still feel oppressed. War on Christmas 2.0

not that deep and thats an odd comparison

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
WoodenPints said:
"PS4 has no games" is just a stupid thing that "mainly" Sony fans decide to say when they have nothing to add to a thread and are looking to troll/bait others into console war arguments; Everyone knows there is plenty of games apart from the usual forum warriors.

Yep.

We used to see the same thing from Nintendo guys saying "Nintendo is doomed" at every opportunity, despite nobody actually saying anything of the sort. There has been very little talk here or on other forums about Sony having no games for the year, because frankly it simply isn't true. People aren't stupid enough to say it when it's so easily refutable, especially after the E3 showing they had.

And if they do say it, they're stupid and you should ignore them anyway.

Not true. Up until the point Uncharted 4 launched there were always posts with people criticising Sony. Have you forgotten the whole "Sony is only in the lead because ms and Ninty done fucked up, since they have no strong exclusives besides Bloodborne to explain such lead"? I remember seeing it all the time. Maybe it's confirmation bias on my part or on your part. Who knows. I doubt anyone has the time to dig up the posts that prove one view or the other.

But in terms of exclusives, Sony was most certainly criticized by non Sony fans and then Sony fans pointed out how ridiculous it was by pulling the whole "ps4 has no gaemz", same with "Uncharted has no legz", "Bloodborne is niche and doesn't count", "indies don't count", "Japanese games don't count" and "below 80 meta is trash".

Zombie9ers said:
Ratchet & Clank, Street Fighter V, Uncharted 4 already this year.

No Man's Sky, Last Gaurdian and GT Sport later this year - on top of PSVR launch this October.

Sony fans get games all year round - and don't need to wait on Santy Claus to bring us our games each year.

Here's what happens when someone makes such a good point:

Ratchet & Clank? Pfft Remasters don't count.

Street Fighter V? That game flopped and was trash (ignoring reviews that point out that it lack content but the game itself is great)

Uncharted couldn't get the scores Uncharted 2 did, so it's in decline and a huge disappointment imo (as long as you use imo, you can say whatever you want).

No Man's Sky has been delayed-not a good sign- and could end up being trash (people here seem to love this word)

Last Guardian has been in development for over a decade. It looks boring to me and it's gonna flop. No one cares about it.

GT Sport? GT games have been in decline both in sales and quality. No one will care and there is the superior Forza anyway

VR games don't count because Kinect games don't count. We haven't seen them but they will be trash, I guarantee it.

See, if someone wants to take a shit on a company, they will come up with anything, no matter how ridiculous it may sound. I've seen this type of comment one too many times to be prepared for the worst. There is simply no way to convince someone who has already decided that x company is the devil, while x is innovative and god's gift to gamers.

naruball said:
Carl2291 said:

Yep.

We used to see the same thing from Nintendo guys saying "Nintendo is doomed" at every opportunity, despite nobody actually saying anything of the sort. There has been very little talk here or on other forums about Sony having no games for the year, because frankly it simply isn't true. People aren't stupid enough to say it when it's so easily refutable, especially after the E3 showing they had.

And if they do say it, they're stupid and you should ignore them anyway.

Not true. Up until the point Uncharted 4 launched there were always posts with people criticising Sony. Have you forgotten the whole "Sony is only in the lead because ms and Ninty done fucked up, since they have no strong exclusives besides Bloodborne to explain such lead"? I remember seeing it all the time. Maybe it's confirmation bias on my part or on your part. Who knows. I doubt anyone has the time to dig up the posts that prove one view or the other.

But in terms of exclusives, Sony was most certainly criticized by non Sony fans and then Sony fans pointed out how ridiculous it was by pulling the whole "ps4 has no gaemz", same with "Uncharted has no legz", "Bloodborne is niche and doesn't count", "indies don't count", "Japanese games don't count" and "below 80 meta is trash".

I remember those times quiete well^^ how some gamer on this site dismissed entire genres of games because "niche" "japanese"

Most of thoses games don't count If they are not to my particular liking.

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.

Around the Network

Sony usually leaves holiday season open for the big third party games when the holidays get here and we received another dose of Forza Halo and gears what do you want to bet there will B forums titled Sony has no games this holiday season

Imho, i think Ps4 got a much better line of games for the first half of the year and, alson, will get better games for the second half of the year ( Second half of the year not be much, Gears of War is a big hit in MS favor). The only game from MS that makes me think "perhaps i shouls buy a X1 or upgrade my PC" is Gears of War, on the other hand, Ps4 got at the very least 7 games that have my attention!