By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Sony lacks variety

kowenicki said:
What I will say is a lot of the games seem to have a similar mechanic or look with a different skin.

Hey look Uncharted and TLOU did gangbusters... copy that.

I've noticed this one myself.

God of War in particular really, really gave me The Last of Us vibes with the relationship between Joel (Kratos) and Ellie (Kid).

Around the Network

Both consoles have variety but sony has more of everything imo. Microsoft is more multiplyer centric. If your a multi man just stick to what you like, ie xbox. I prefer single player style games soo most of my games are bought on sony consoles. For xbox I buy games like sunset and rare replay soo I still usually stay single player on xbone.

Versus_Evil said:
The only "joke" in this thread, is the ammount of people attacking the OP for having an opinion.

This E3 has brought out the very worst in the community.

I've been on VGC for almost six years, and I've never seen this much mudslinging after E3.

IamAwsome said:
Versus_Evil said:
The only "joke" in this thread, is the ammount of people attacking the OP for having an opinion.

This E3 has brought out the very worst in the community.

I've been on VGC for almost six years, and I've never seen this much mudslinging after E3.

Mud fights are fun until someone put a rock in the mud ball. :O

LudicrousSpeed said:
Seems lots didn't read the OP lol.

So instead of writing down how the people in this thread didn't read the op or writing down what they apparently didn't read you add more heat to the thread with this comment? That's nice and don't forget the "lol" at the end of the sentence^^

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
I guess I see your point, but what matters if the game is exclusive? Don't multiplat multiplayer games count?

Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare, Titanfall 2, Steep, FIFA 17, etc.

In a "real world" conversation, they absolutely would.  There isn't much reason to release an exclusive multi-player shooter right now.  That base is totally covered by third parties, which should be included in corporate strategy.  Why even try to compete with CoD, for example, when you've paid them for marketing rights?  The OP's argument seems to be that he'd have nothing to play on PS4, which is kind of silly.  However, I guess we're not really dealing with "real world".

Carl2291 said:
kowenicki said:
What I will say is a lot of the games seem to have a similar mechanic or look with a different skin.

Hey look Uncharted and TLOU did gangbusters... copy that.

I've noticed this one myself.

God of War in particular really, really gave me The Last of Us vibes with the relationship between Joel (Kratos) and Ellie (Kid).

Who isn't guilty of that?  Microsoft loves space marines to death and if you took a random background screenshot of most Nintendo games without the main character in them, only a Nintendo fan could tell you which game they were looking at.

Still, I'm not going to trust anyone who tells me Zero Dawn looks like Days Gone or GoW just because it has a forest setting, and I'm going to outright laugh at anyone who suggests a game that's been in development for five years copied TLOU.

pokoko said:

Who isn't guilty of that?  Microsoft loves space marines to death and if you took a random background screenshot of most Nintendo games without the main character in them, only a Nintendo fan could tell you which game they were looking at.

Still, I'm not going to trust anyone who tells me Zero Dawn looks like Days Gone or GoW just because it has a forest setting, and I'm going to outright laugh at anyone who suggests a game that's been in development for five years copied TLOU.

For what it's worth, I don't think it's a bad thing that they're seemingly taking ideas from Naughty Dog.

The Last of Us is probably my game of the generation. Well, within my Top 5 anyway.

Meh, I don't agree with the OP that Sony lacks diversity, but I do think the constantly repeated argument that Xbox lacks diversity is total bullshit at this point.

Also, most of Sony's in-house games are narrative driven experiences these days, while most of M$'s have some multiplayer.component at their core. It is what it is.

If the audience demands for singleplayer oriented games, then the publisher will make those types of games. How dare Sony appeals to its audience...

rccsetzer said:
Joke thread. Right?

Yes :)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.