By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Sony lacks variety

Well, PS4 had Rocket League waaaaay before Xone so... yeah, theres that. 

In any case Sony gets the popular multiplayer multiplatform games like COD, Overwatch, Battlefield, Destiny, Borderlands, bla, bla,etc. So it DOES offer variety, it just doesn't focus on multiplayers alone. Exclusives wont be a game changer right now. So yeah, Sony is doing it right. 

golfgt170 said:
spending 200 hours on a single game for MP is not variety...

This. 

Around the Network
foodfather said:
Didn't think of it this way but OP certainly has a point. I like MP too. But if I got a PS4 now, only two games would fit the bill, uncharted 4 and TLOU, but both of those MP are for and "acquired taste". 

There doesn't look like anything is coming round the corner for MP either. Perhaps that why games sell more on PS4, since clearly a lot of their games have limited lasting appeal?

Errr.... only including exclusives/console exclusives...

Currently:

Uncharted 4
TLOU
DriveClub
Fat Princess Adventures
Killzone Shadowfall
Blacklight Retribution
Final Fantasy XIV
Helldivers
LittleBigPlanet 3
MLB The Show
Planetside 2
Streetfighter V
War Thunder
Hardware Rivals

Around the corner:

GT Sport
Ace Combat 7
Drawn to Death
Dreams
Hotshots Golf
Killstrain
The Tomorrow Children
Dungeon Defenders II
Guns of Icarus Online
Killing Floor 2
Orcs Must Die: Unchained

And saying that Sony lacks variety compared to Microsoft is ridiculous, thread title should be changed to Sony lack multiplayer games at the very least.

I mean the OP lists Gears, Forza, Halo and Dead Rising to say that SONY lacks variety... WTF?!?! xD

Yeah I was really interested in the games ms showed. I'll probably pick up some of them on pc when they're released. Halo wars 2 looks fun.

Well can't argue with you there. If you are looking for Sony MP exclusive games there are not a lot but they do have some. But MS definitely has more. I don't think that is a lack of variety because they do have those games but more so just not as many as MS does.

But then again 3rd parties have so many great MP games that is balances out, I just think MS has a more MP focused gaming mindset and the community is more MP focused. But I get your point though none the less.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

kowenicki said:
What I will say is a lot of the games seem to have a similar mechanic or look with a different skin.

Hey look Uncharted and TLOU did gangbusters... copy that.

When you say that....are you meaning any games in particular? Because I don't see "a lot" that look like Uncharted or TLOU or maybe didn't think of them like that. I am asking because someone else mentioned this and I couldn't figure out what games fit that bill other than maybe the new look of God of War 4(which I really liked by the way) looked like a good fresh start for the franchise.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Lesson 1
Sony focuses on single player experiences because they believe in enticing customers with narrative content that is interesting and unique.
Sony knows the multilayer based genre is too hard to Crack with a single title, so why try.
Ms is in the business of selling services and subscriptions. This is the reason from the getgo that xbox og went multiplayer, in order to create xbox live and sell that. Xbl makes so much money for them and is part of their overarching plan to be a service based company.

Metaphorically, Sony sells cookies of all types.

Ms funds oreos because ms sells milk.

foodfather said:
Didn't think of it this way but OP certainly has a point. I like MP too. But if I got a PS4 now, only two games would fit the bill, uncharted 4 and TLOU, but both of those MP are for and "acquired taste".

There doesn't look like anything is coming round the corner for MP either. Perhaps that why games sell more on PS4, since clearly a lot of their games have limited lasting appeal?

Bloodborne? Driveclub? Rocket League? FIFA? CoD? Doom? Mortal Kombat X? Far Cry 4?

Versus_Evil said:
The only "joke" in this thread, is the ammount of people attacking the OP for having an opinion.

This E3 has brought out the very worst in the community.

Yeah.

It's getting looked at.

Interesting. However, shouldn't your thread title have been "Sony and Microsoft lack variety"?

I mean, I'm getting World of Final Fantasy and Persona 5 soon. I really like party-based RPGs. What does Microsoft have for me?

Also, why would you leave out GT Sport? Because it had its own event, it "doesn't count"? That can't be right, manipulating the goal posts like that would be silly, so I'm just going to assume you forgot about it.

I guess I see your point, but what matters if the game is exclusive? Don't multiplat multiplayer games count?

Battlefield 1, Infinite Warfare, Titanfall 2, Steep, FIFA 17, etc.