By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Opinion: Sony lacks variety

I believe it may be important to direct people to this Wikipedia page.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poe%27s_law

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:

In all seriousness, Sony was all about new games this year. Microsoft has had the same E3 for 3 years now, save for DR4. Not sure how that qualifies as variety unless you're talking about the hardware announcements

Microsoft shows what is coming out this year, mostly.  They will show a couple of games for next year, but that will be more focused on at Gamescom.  Sony just likes announcing games 2-3 years before launch, well The Last Guardian was upwards of 7 years, but I think you understand what I am saying.  While getting new announcements is good, when they are so far away it is making people know that there is so-and-so game and not having any clue when it will be release.  What is the point in announcing a game?  I just never understood this marketing tactic.  I mean Microsoft has attempted this but sadly games like Fable and Phantom Dust have been canceled.  Each company is marketing different.  Microsoft's E3 is showing games that are coming out this year, while Sony is announcements for games coming out in a couple of years.  The one thing I wish Sony would do is talk about their ecosystem and what they are going to try to improve with their interface or by adding more features.  I think Microsoft does an amazing job at console support by improving the console every year and adding new useful features that gamers can take advantage of.  

Favorite Game Franchises-

Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed, Burnout, TOCA Race Driver/Race Driver/Grid, Colin McRae Rally/Dirt, Halo, TimeSplitters, Splinter Cell, Gears of War, Borderlands, and Call of Duty.

Let's just say I love racing games followed by shooters and the Xbox One has filled this love.

Variety. Do even know what that word means? The PS4 is not the xbox one. Xbox tends to focus on FPS MP games and they lack everything else genre wise. Playstation tries to provide a variety of games for it's fans to play. It will always have less FPS games as a xbox console would who focuses solely on one genre. It's probably why the PS4 sells better than worldwide than the xbox one does. Let's not kid ourselves. Xbox is the one who lacks variety in it's games.

man this site is toxic at e3 lol
so many cringeworthy topics

Vrruumm said:
aLkaLiNE said:

In all seriousness, Sony was all about new games this year. Microsoft has had the same E3 for 3 years now, save for DR4. Not sure how that qualifies as variety unless you're talking about the hardware announcements

Microsoft shows what is coming out this year, mostly.  They will show a couple of games for next year, but that will be more focused on at Gamescom.  Sony just likes announcing games 2-3 years before launch, well The Last Guardian was upwards of 7 years, but I think you understand what I am saying.  While getting new announcements is good, when they are so far away it is making people know that there is so-and-so game and not having any clue when it will be release.  What is the point in announcing a game?  I just never understood this marketing tactic.  I mean Microsoft has attempted this but sadly games like Fable and Phantom Dust have been canceled.  Each company is marketing different.  Microsoft's E3 is showing games that are coming out this year, while Sony is announcements for games coming out in a couple of years.  The one thing I wish Sony would do is talk about their ecosystem and what they are going to try to improve with their interface or by adding more features.  I think Microsoft does an amazing job at console support by improving the console every year and adding new useful features that gamers can take advantage of.  

That's actually the tactic that Microsoft uses, not so much Sony. Like I said Microsoft has had the same E3 for 3 years now since they showed their games well before they were ready. We knew about quantum break for 4 years before it launched. We've known about gears of war for 2 years now. I believe we've known about recore  and sea of thieves for 3 years now. Halo wars 2 was no shocker, I think there's been rumors swirling about that's one for a while. Scale bound was announced in 2014 E3, releases three years later in 2017 assuming no delay.

On the flip side, Bloodborne launched within a year of being shown. Ratchet and clank was announced within a year of being launched. We had two E3s before Uncharted 4 came out. GT Sport was announced in 2015, comes out this year. TLG got re-announced last year, comes out this year.

So your perception on this is actually quite fascinating, as it's literally the opposite of what you claim. Sony has been very good about announcing games close to launch, and as usual they've maintained a well varied lineup. 

I will repeat one last time - we have seen the MS E3 lineup for 3 years now. That's just the difference in how each company handles their gaming division

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Variety. Do even know what that word means? The PS4 is not the xbox one. Xbox tends to focus on FPS MP games and they lack everything else genre wise. Playstation tries to provide a variety of games for it's fans to play. It will always have less FPS games as a xbox console would who focuses solely on one genre. It's probably why the PS4 sells better than worldwide than the xbox one does. Let's not kid ourselves. Xbox is the one who lacks variety in it's games.

From what movie is  your gif ?.

I prefer to play Single Player games, because of that Final Fantasy and Skyrim are my favorite games, I think that EA, Activision, Blizzard, Tecent, etc, already handle the Multiplayer market and is very hard to play multiple multiplayer games at once.

Street Fighter V despite not being a Exclusive is still a Multiplayer focused game, Uncharted 4 have a great campaing and also have a good Multiplayer, I'm not sure but I think that Gran Turismo will also have Multiplayer features, and who knows what the hell Sony Bend will do with Days Gone (the game may have Multiplayer).

I think that both companies have good Multiplayer but it is clear that Sony focus on Single Player and Microsoft on Multiplayer.

Aeolus451 said:

My fail, you already awnsered me in my wall.

Vrruumm said:
DoctorHorrible said:
Sony has always been known for its variety. This is a joke thread and I won't even waste time at creating A list to point it out since it's obvious to see if anyone looks

It has been 2.5 years and still no simulation racing game.  Such variety.

I don't get this post are you saying because it has been 2.5 years and no sim racer that they lack variety? Or are you just venting because you love racing games and want a sim racer?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Has to be a joke, as MP has little to no variety, imo.