By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Legend Of Zelda most talked E3 game on social media

TomaTito said:

You should have put this image, so everyone is happy.

Agree.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
Nautilus said:

The problem with your reasoning is that E3 is not compromised of only Nintendo fans.Its actually very likely the number of Sony fans and Microsoft fans are higher than Nintendo fans.And if you go look at the information, Zelda has double the "attention" than Battlefield 1 which is at second.This is actually saying that alot of people who is talking about this game, either in a negative or positive light, is not only nintendo fans, but also fans from the other consoles.This goes to show how much zelda has turned the heads of people to its direction.

Not only that, but having a single game(which is a lie, since pokemon was there) wasnt the only thing that made it easier for Nintendo to get people attention.Dont get me wrong, I am not ignorant enough to say that it didnt help, because of course it did.After all, that was the only game that was available at the show from Nintendo.But saying this is the only reason it picked up this many people interest is completely ignorant.As I said before that you kindly ignored, you dont cut and divide the attention.The attention goes to the games that most picked your interest, that most picked your attention.If Sony had a Legend Of Zelda-level of quality game on the show, it would draw as much attention as Breath of the Wild, no matter how many games there are.This is how things works.The only thing that would be different is that the games that were less appealing are just ignored, or simplly left in the side.

And by bashing, I meant you trying to twist the information to make it not look good for Zelda.Again dont get me wrong, this may not mean that sales will be 10 million +, but its a good sign.

I think you're underestimating Nintendo fans, to be honest, and also underestimating the effect of making one game the center of your presentation.

Let's take these forums as an example.  Last night, I remember counting 10 "Zelda" threads on my Hot Topics list.  The same group of people were going into different threads to talk about cooking in Zelda, as opposed to the voices in Zelda.  One group of people with their full and undivided attention on Zelda.  

On the other hand, we has several Zero Dawn threads but there was also a God of War thread, a Kojima thread, a Biohazard thread, and many others for PS4 and Xbox One.  Everyone was picking their favorite game and spending most of their time talking about it.  What happens, though, when there is really only one game to talk about?  Yeah, everyone talks about that one game.  I don't think that's a radical conclusion.

Am I saying that Zelda doesn't deserve to be the number one most talked about game?  No, I'm not, but I do think people are trying to make way too much of this survey.  Nintendo fans are pretty much only talking about Zelda and they're talking about it a LOT.  That's going to be a significant factor.  

Reminds me of when big deals were made about Wii U trending worldwide.  People make too much of social media.

Then again, this forums has a big Nintendo fanbase.And in those same Zelda threads you mentioned, alot of people from other fanbases joined the discussion.

But I will give you that it could mean either way.I mean, I still believe in what I said, and alot of things back up what I said.This data, the ridiculous line at E3 for Zelda, the number of views for the Zelda trailer at Nintendo youtube and so on.But its just that the people that are saying that this dont mean much are trying a bit too hard to downplay without the best of intentions in my opinion.

And yeah, this dosent mean that the game will sell everything the fans are making it to be, but its a good start.I mean, this keeps the possibility of that.If it didnt have the attention, it would have no chance at all.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Intrinsic said:
Miyamotoo said:

That's not how it works, this doesnt have nothing with which game is Sony, Nintendo or Microsoft, this just about all E3 games that are mentioned, and Zelda most mentioned game in whole E3 buy far.

Don't be silly.... take me for instance. I,m a sony fan, but my plate is so full i havent bothered look up wyute a few games. Havent talked about them or even watched videos of them on youtube. 

Its common sense, playstation and Xbox has way more content vying for the attention of gamers. Nintendo fans and anyone interested or at the very least curious to hear what ALL nintendo fans are talking about will seek out Zelda.

Then again, as they say common sense isn't common. 

Well point is that you will talk most about game you are most exatied, Nintendo for instance has Pokemon too but it didn't get nearly attention like Zelda. On E3 we had Ubi games, EA games, SQ games, Sony, MS, Nintendo, Actevision...but Zelda is game that get most atentione on social media and that is a fact.

The salt on this thread is too real.

Easy win, everyone was blown away by LoZ!

Around the Network
Nautilus said:

Then again, this forums has a big Nintendo fanbase.And in those same Zelda threads you mentioned, alot of people from other fanbases joined the discussion.

But I will give you that it could mean either way.I mean, I still believe in what I said, and alot of things back up what I said.This data, the ridiculous line at E3 for Zelda, the number of views for the Zelda trailer at Nintendo youtube and so on.But its just that the people that are saying that this dont mean much are trying a bit too hard to downplay without the best of intentions in my opinion.

And yeah, this dosent mean that the game will sell everything the fans are making it to be, but its a good start.I mean, this keeps the possibility of that.If it didnt have the attention, it would have no chance at all.

I agree with you, it certainly is a good thing.  Even if most of the people mentioning Zelda are Nintendo fans who would buy the game regardless, all their family and friends now know about it.  It's good free advertising, even if it isn't very focused.

As far as too much being made of it, though, I mean ... look at the second game.  Doesn't anyone really think Battlefield 1 is really the second most anticipated game?  Or that EA would have "won E3" if Zelda hadn't been announced?  No, I don't think so.  That's a clear indication that the +/- here is substantial.

Or the Zelda lines you're talking about, would they have been as long if Nintendo had a big Mario IP demo avaliable?

I know people are very excited, and with good reason, but it kind of feels like some fans are setting Breath of the Wild up to be the next GTA5.

pokoko said:
Nautilus said:

I agree with you, it certainly is a good thing.  Even if most of the people mentioning Zelda are Nintendo fans who would buy the game regardless, all their family and friends now know about it.  It's good free advertising, even if it isn't very focused.

As far as too much being made of it, though, I mean ... look at the second game.  Doesn't anyone really think Battlefield 1 is really the second most anticipated game?  Or that EA would have "won E3" if Zelda hadn't been announced?  No, I don't think so.  That's a clear indication that the +/- here is substantial.

Or the Zelda lines you're talking about, would they have been as long if Nintendo had a big Mario IP demo avaliable?

I know people are very excited, and with good reason, but it kind of feels like some fans are setting Breath of the Wild up to be the next GTA5.

Exactly.Both sides are blowing things bit out of  proportions the facts in this thread.But hey, I will admit its quite entertaining to see the extreme reactions here.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nautilus said:
pokoko said:

Exactly.Both sides are blowing things bit out of  proportions the facts in this thread.But hey, I will admit its quite entertaining to see the extreme reactions here.

Always fun to see extreme side of things, but now it is dying down, so maybe I should finish up all the work I have in the next hour. 

Ali_16x said:
I extremely doubt this list just by how low Horizon Zero Dawn is, no way it's less than Sea of Thieves and Star Trek VR.

Really?Horizon is a new IP.

My brother, 25 years old, would most likely love to play it. Yet, since he doesn't go after games news like we do, all that surfaced naturally for him from E3 was God of War and Zelda.

He had no idea what Horizon was this morning when we spoke. I think this kind of thing just happens to new IPs, doesn't matter how good it looks.

Wow this game has put some people on tilt, ironic that a company that only focused on two games so far has caused such a reaction.