Pocky Lover Boy! 

What I liked :
Gorgeous trailer music.
Gorgeous combat. Dat slow-mo sections.
Art-style.
Animations and physics.
Ducks on the water. Cute.

What I disliked :
I'm worried about framerate in Wii U version.
I'm worried about 4 main dungeons (100 shrines rumour was confirmed).
I'm worried about story and cutscenes (Aonuma confirmed that you can beat final boss from the beginning of the game).
Environments looks very flat after Xenoblade X.
Another amiibo paywall content.
Link face is extremely ugly.
Lack the numbers of enemies. Here, three Bocoblins. And here, and here, and there, and... there. Even Skyward Sword has implemented musou-like hordes of enemies.
Inventory and ingame font very rough.
Voice acting is atrocious.
No musical instrument this time?

I just noticed. I did not see even one rupee throughout the entire Treehouse Stream.

curl-6 said:
PAOerfulone said:

So after 2 years of no footage after the Game Awards 2014 and being delayed twice, let me ask you guys something...
Did this all make it worth the wait? The long, agonizing wait for more info?

I still don't think the delays or the year and a half of radio silence were justified.

As spectacular as it looks, it doesn't look like anything that couldn't be made in 4 years, considering plenty of other big productions have been completed in 2-3 years. And keeping us in the dark for 18 months was totally uncalled for.

Yeah, it's a bit of a trick question.  Was this spectacular and rekindled a ton of hype?  Absolutely.  But nothing can "fix" the long wait.  

I'm more laid back about it because...well I'm an Elder Scrolls fan, we're lucky to get any info on a new title all the way up to 12 months prior to launch :P 

Around the Network

About the repeated item finding, I think there will be a forging/upgrading system which we had not yet seen, that maybe we can forge better items just by fusing numerous repeating items, thats why maybe, outside of them having durability, is why we can find so many of them.

Over the corncerns of it being "empty", I have none, since for me it does not feel empty, it actually feels like the pacing of things seems just aboiut perfect.There is enough space betwenn things to do that will make it seems like a real place, but there is also a seemlessly an endless number of things to do, so not worried in that regard.
The only thing that worried me a bit is the somewhat lack of music in the overworld area.Also the battle music seems somewhat light, but then again, it might be because I couldnt hear the music really well over the stream.I wish they had a bit more emphasis on music instead of enviroment sounds, but if it feels right when playing the game, I wont complain.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Captain_Yuri said:

What I liked:
Openness
Lack of Tutorial
Small touches like Wind blowing Link's hair and clothes
Lighting
Slow Motion
This fapness:

Art style
Physics
Not much handholding
Gotta find stuff out for yourself (like the story)
Tons of weapons and shields
Shield Surfing
Lots of other stuff

What I didn't like:
Cheesy Voice Acting (As I feared)
Stamina Meter: Specially in an open world game where you would want to hall ass as fast as possible most of the time imo...
Minimal BGM: Playing games like XC and etc where there are tons of places to explore shows how BGM can enhance the experience. Zelda really should have had a nice amount of BGM with an option to turn it off if it starts to get too repetitive... Not remove them completely... Or in Zelda's case, have minimal amount of them...

1) I don't find it that bad, it's just the narrator anyway.  No more or less cheesy than some of the voice work in past games even though those weren't even words :P

2)  As a huge advocate of great background music, I actuall am fine with this.  I've watched some IGN direct feed footage where you can clearly hear everything and...it honestly works.  Mainly cause there is just so much detail in the environmental sounds, wind, the grass ruffling, the trees, the birds, insects.  The use of the piano is subtle but pairs up to really sell not so much a sense of tranquility as stillness.  And it works beautifully when juxtaposed with the ruins, really conveying the silence of the area as people have abandoned much of the kingdom.  It's kinda like I feel the environments here look really alive despite the lack of creatures.  In Skyrim and XCX for example, huge numbers of dense roaming animals give sthe world life, compensating for the otherwise static environments.   Zelda, on the other hand, has a lot of movement and energy in the world.  The grass is dense and sways in the wind, the wind blows through the leaves of trees, clouds cast shadows on the ground, the list goes on, all these little details in the environment that make it feel alive even when almost no creatures or NPCs are on screen.  

Jranation said:
Captain_Yuri said:

What I liked:
Openness
Lack of Tutorial
Small touches like Wind blowing Link's hair and clothes
Lighting
Slow Motion
This fapness:

Oh my god! Is that from the treehouse? 

Yeah.They streamed like more than 3 hours worth of Zelda content.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nuvendil said:

It's kinda like I feel the environments here look really alive despite the lack of creatures.  In Skyrim and XCX for example, huge numbers of dense roaming animals give sthe world life, compensating for the otherwise static environments.   Zelda, on the other hand, has a lot of movement and energy in the world.  The grass is dense and sways in the wind, the wind blows through the leaves of trees, clouds cast shadows on the ground, the list goes on, all these little details in the environment that make it feel alive even when almost no creatures or NPCs are on screen.  

Yeah, that struck me as well, just how dynamic and lively the world feels; bushes and grass can be set on fire, trees can be felled, vegetation sways not only in the wind but also as you push passed it, fire creates updrafts that lift your sailcloth, walking through leaf litter kicks up leaves into the air, etc. Where so many game worlds feel like movie sets, Breath of the Wild feels like a living, breathing environment.

curl-6 said:
Nuvendil said:

It's kinda like I feel the environments here look really alive despite the lack of creatures.  In Skyrim and XCX for example, huge numbers of dense roaming animals give sthe world life, compensating for the otherwise static environments.   Zelda, on the other hand, has a lot of movement and energy in the world.  The grass is dense and sways in the wind, the wind blows through the leaves of trees, clouds cast shadows on the ground, the list goes on, all these little details in the environment that make it feel alive even when almost no creatures or NPCs are on screen.  

Yeah, that struck me as well, just how dynamic and lively the world feels; bushes and grass can be set on fire, trees can be felled, vegetation sways not only in the wind but also as you push passed it, fire creates updrafts that lift your sailcloth, walking through leaf litter kicks up leaves into the air, etc. Where so many game worlds feel like movie sets, Breath of the Wild feels like a living, breathing environment.

Yet the usuals are already saying that it looks death and lifeless. Even a 5 years kid would see this game feels totally alive.