By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild discussion thread

RolStoppable said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I read somewhere that the map is also not in the gamepad, but we saw the map in the gamepad when Aonuma showed it for the first time 2 years ago, could possibly this means that they are trying to not give any advantage to the WiiU version compared to the NX one? Could this mean NX does not have a gamepad with a screen? It sounds really weird to me.

I'd be shocked if NX has a screen controller, because why would it have one?

Is not that I think it will but it was one possibility, specially if the console is gonna have backward compatibility, wich it may not.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
RolStoppable said:

Is not that I think it will but it was one possibility, specially if the console is gonna have backward compatibility, wich it may not.

So with the talk of no visual upgrades and no new mechanics for NX, it seems yet again the prior gen version is the better option to have (you get gamepad functionality).

RolStoppable said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I read somewhere that the map is also not in the gamepad, but we saw the map in the gamepad when Aonuma showed it for the first time 2 years ago, could possibly this means that they are trying to not give any advantage to the WiiU version compared to the NX one? Could this mean NX does not have a gamepad with a screen? It sounds really weird to me.

On the other hand they clearly have made a deal with Sharp for a free form LCD and have a patent that pretty much shows that tech on a console controller. 

To be honest, a free form LCD controller that's sleeker than the Wii U GamePad with the ability to run Android apps/maybe DS-3DS games might not be such a bad idea. 

Might get some kids that way, you're not going to stop kids from playing smartphone games, so if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. 

The Wii U tablet is kinda useless because it can't be used without the system (and not even like 15 feet away from the system) nor does it run any of the app games kids care about. But today Nintendo could actually get a very cheap mobile chip and have it operate on its own in addition to operating a controller for the console. 

Could be two gimmicky controllers, who knows. 

Goodnightmoon said:
Trunkin said:

Yeah, I noticed that. I thought the gamepad would be used to speed up switching between all those weapons, and popping potions. Having to enter into a menu all the time kinda takes you out of the experience.

Dang, not even a mapI What's displayed on the gamepad, then? I was actually hoping that the NX would have support for the Wii U gamepad. It's still a neat feature to have for those willing to dish out the extra cash. I guess this basically puts a bullet through that idea.

Trunkin said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Dang, not even a mapI What's displayed on the gamepad, then? I was actually hoping that the NX would have support for the Wii U gamepad. It's still a neat feature to have for those willing to dish out the extra cash. I guess this basically puts a bullet through that idea.

They just said it isn't required, not that there isn't any gamepad functionality. Windwaker HD also can be played on the gamepad or pro controller (but had extra capabilities on the gamepad).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPD5s2sJryQ

Around the Network

It looks pretty good. I saw the shrines outside of the demo which are a bit more advanced and I have to say, they look really good. Hope that the motion controls aren't forced though...

Also the world looks great but would be nice to see some NPCs or a town! That will come though I'm sure.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

konnichiwa said:

Can't get this out of my head...

OK, several things.

One, I have the original version of that 2014 screenshot on my desktop and I can tell you that the version here has been doctored with tweaks to color and contrast.

Two, the 2014 screenshot is a direct screenshot taken on a system and uploaded by Nintendo while the 2016 one is ripped from a 720p YouTube video, so that misrepresents the whole thing right there.

Three, the time of day is entirely different and that has a HUGE impact.  If you watch the various direct feed videos you can find, the lighting is dang pretty and the effects seen on the grass and the sharpness of shadows and all that are essentially the same.

Four, the 2016 image is taken in an area with no grass with the camera tilted down looking at the ground, which is not even remotely representative nor a good comparison point to the 2014 image.

Five, the grass in the 2016 game looks worse in this image but actually looks as good or even better in the footage we've seen with more details.  

Six, since the camera is tilted down and the location is crappy, the 2016 screenshot doesn't show off the areas where it trumps the 2014 version by a mile.  For example, LOD is much, much more detailed in the 2016 version.  

Anyway, that's just a short list of reasons this comparison is bull :P

konnichiwa said:

The 2014 trailer wasn't even gameplay. We knew this was plausible.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Metallox said:
konnichiwa said:

The 2014 trailer wasn't even gameplay. We knew this was plausible.

If we're just talking about the grass

If you're talking about color and saturation, there are options to adjust those to your liking on the tv.

Conegamer said:
It looks pretty good. I saw the shrines outside of the demo which are a bit more advanced and I have to say, they look really good. Hope that the motion controls aren't forced though...

Also the world looks great but would be nice to see some NPCs or a town! That will come though I'm sure.

Aonuma all ready stated there are many towns and villages and npc's in the game but for the e3 demo they were turned off so that plot points by the villagers/npc's wouldnt be spoiled in regards to the story 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick