By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Zelda: Breath of the Wild discussion thread

Skyloft?

In the back appears to be Skyloft.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

Can't get this out of my head...

-snip-

Got to remember that one of them is a very early trailer, likely a lot closer to what they're aiming at with NX.

The other is a blurry stream from an E3 Wii U Demo.

Someone went out of their way to create the most terrible and distorted screenshot with as uninteresting a view as possible I see. And "comparing" it to a crystal clear version of an older screenshot in a perfect location no less.

konnichiwa said:

Can't get this out of my head...

Having watched hours of footage now, it doesn't look anywhere near as bad as that 2016 picture. I don't think it will achieve the 2014 one either, but then again we've been watching Wii U gameplay as opposed to Nx.

Game is damn pretty.

Edit -

Around the Network

Has anyone mentioned that the gamepad doesn't seem to be used at all in the game? Because it seems like it isn't.

John19 said:
Has anyone mentioned that the gamepad doesn't seem to be used at all in the game? Because it seems like it isn't.

Yeah, I noticed that. I thought the gamepad would be used to speed up switching between all those weapons, and popping potions. Having to enter into a menu all the time kinda takes you out of the experience.

Trunkin said:
John19 said:

Yeah, I noticed that. I thought the gamepad would be used to speed up switching between all those weapons, and popping potions. Having to enter into a menu all the time kinda takes you out of the experience.

I read somewhere that the map is also not in the gamepad, but we saw the map in the gamepad when Aonuma showed it for the first time 2 years ago, could possibly this means that they are trying to not give any advantage to the WiiU version compared to the NX one? Could this mean NX does not have a gamepad with a screen? It sounds really weird to me.

Like Xeno X you probably have the ability to turn off the hud on screen.

Goodnightmoon said:
Trunkin said:

I read somewhere that the map is also not in the gamepad, but we saw the map in the gamepad when Aonuma showed it for the first time 2 years ago, could possibly this means that they are trying to not give any advantage to the WiiU version compared to the NX one? Could this mean NX does not have a gamepad with a screen? It sounds really weird to me.

Yeah I noticed that too, all of the GamePad functionality in Zelda: BotW basically seems to have been cut out. 

Also Aonuma said you can play the game with just a Pro Controller.