By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Link will remain a male.No gender option

Sad news, I see no reason why Link cannot be female, is he even the same Link in all games? Would be great as variation, and I see no problem in a female Link saving princess Zelda.

Around the Network
forest-spirit said:

I think Sterling kinda blows this out of proportions but I do agree that not using Zelda as the main character because then Link would be without a job is a bit silly. Surely he can go play with sticks or something while Zelda has some fun?

I already have a bloody solution for that problem, but won't share my ideas to Aonuma.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Good, creating new characters that are female/gay/lesbian/bi/trans whatever doesnt bother me, but when you start changing classic beloved characters for the sake of pleasing a group of people, thats when it bothers me

No gender option ?
2/10.

ExplodingBlock said:
Good, creating new characters that are female/gay/lesbian/bi/trans whatever doesnt bother me, but when you start changing classic beloved characters for the sake of pleasing a group of people, thats when it bothers me

I agree.

Apparently there was even a petition to make the next James Bond a female, which is total nonsense and ridiculous.

Around the Network

Thank God.

I bet the Wii U would sell more than 15M LTD by the end of 2015. He bet it would sell less. I lost.

Ostro said:
Now that they mentioned the balance of the triforce: why not create a Zelda game in which players can choose their path (play as Link, Ganon or Zelda) and make 3 games out of it that are all about the same story from different perspectives.

Which I'm betting will happen. I guess when the whole gender choice or using Zelda came up. Was after all the therads about Link being female, from the trailer. They tried to see if they could adapt the already set story, to incorporate Zelda (more lead etc.) It didn't work. And they had to scrap it, for now. Maybe next time. When the game is built from scratch. Zelda could be a lead. They can figure out what they can do for Link. So that he doesn't end up being what Zelda does. Granted, having Zelda do very little sucks. But having Link. The main character for years. End up being some sort of mentor role. Or have nothing to do. Would just piss people off. Just like Metal Gear Solid 2 did with Snake and Raiden.

Sheesh. Real mature from all the people taking jabs at a leaker. She leaked a roumor (emphasis on ROUMOR) that was wrong, fuck her, am I rite...

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988

RolStoppable said:

I'll tell you a reason: It would kill the imagination for a love interest between Link and Zelda.

What about having the option to marry Ganondorf then? Like Mario and the villain in The Thousand-Year Door?

Honestly i don't understand why there is such a huge movement for a female Link when it wouldn't make that much of a change to either the story or gameplay hell pretty much every change made to the formal with Breath Of The Wild is a much bigger change to the franchise then a female Link. Though personally this may be my bias for thinking that gender bending are among the bottom of the barrel for new ideas.