By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Link will remain a male.No gender option

outlawauron said:
Don't worry, male Link already looks like a girl, so use your imagination.

Yeah, I'm sure the internet will churn out a lot of images of a female version of Link from this game in compromising situations.  So those people begging for a female Link will always have that.

Around the Network

Seriously, who cares?

Are people going to be getting upset over not being able to play as a man in Metroid or something?

MTZehvor said:
Seriously, who cares?

Are people going to be getting upset over not being able to play as a man in Metroid or something?

No one is getting upset.

WOW, that's sexist. Now see how I destroy Nintendo with my Tumblr powers.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

MTZehvor said:
Seriously, who cares?

Honestly, for a lot of people I see complaining, it comes off like virtue signaling in the sense that they don't care but they want people to see that they care about these sort of things in a vain attempt to earn brownie points like how some people change their avatars after a tragedy for the sole purpose of trying to show that they care or that they're helping.

Around the Network
Wright said:
vivster said:
Well, progressive isn't necessarily a word one should apply to Zelda in the first place.

But it's a shame. They had the potential to make it so, but Anouma chose to remove it altogether. His reasoning isn't good either, because if playing as Zelda caused such problem in the first place, giving avatar Link a female version was a nice alternative. Now it's completely scrapped.

Of course it's a shame. So many games still make the mistake of having male characters in it. It's a sad world.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Them already having princess Zelda as a potential lead character was my main gripe with the concept of a female Link so I'm glad they're on the same track. And I can understand why they want to stick with Link but I do hope we get to see a spin-off series, or an expansion, where you play as Zelda instead.

Zkuq said:
I don't mind. I still don't understand why people are so keen on seeing a female Link. Who cares what they're like, as long as they fit into the game well. Also, I don't like the gender-specific pronouns. They make it unnecessarily hard to discuss persons in a gender-neutral manner.

Agreed I don't care about what gender my character is. I do care about game devs being forced to change things in games because of societal pressure. These guys are the artist let them create their work of art the way they want to. For instance Horizon looks amazing and is my most wanted game from E3. It has a female protagonist and that's fine with me. I dont' want them to change it to a male. Keep it female cause that's what the devs wanted.

So Emily Roger is wrong. I guess her comment about NX spec could be wrong as well and the Mother 3 tease as well.

teigaga said:
MTZehvor said:
Seriously, who cares?

No one is getting upset.

The Gamespot comments section begs to differ.