By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated now with poll) E3: Zelda Breath of the Wild Vs Horizon Zero Dawn = which one has the "wow factor"?

Which one had the biggest "WOW! Factor"?

Zelda 273 58.84%

Horizon 179 38.58%

None 12 2.59%

Total:464

Even as a mainly playstation gamer I just say both are good games that hopefully deliver, but let me tell you what my real opinion is...

Horizon fu..ing wins I mean serious it has ROBO-TREXes with Rockets and Lasers and stuff, case closed^^

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
sc94597 said:
By the way, it is obviously who watched only the Zelda trailer and who watched the treehouse events as well by who says "Zelda looks empty."

By the standard set by other modern open world games it is fairly empty.

I've played plenty of  modern "open-world games " (The Witcher 3, DA:I, Fallout 4, and Xenoblade Chronicles X) to name a few. I have to disagree. For starters, something I appreciate about this game is that it seems to be a true open-world, not just instanced zones that are really big. And with that, things aren't cut and pasted as they felt in The Witcher 3, Fallout 4 and Xenoblade Chronicles  X. It looks (or rather feels) like the world is handcrafted uniquely with a variety of different things in different contexts. The shrines seems to have a great compromise between being entirely unique and being cut and pasted. The events are much less scripted. All of those make the world seem fresher. It has taken the best from most open world games and packed them together. The only thing needed is for side-quests akin to the best Zelda had to offer (Majora's Mask.)

bananaking21 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

You just cannot see anything beyond graphics do you? Honestly I doubt you have touched a single Zelda game in your entire life so it comes as a no surprise you dont see the hype.

what? i cant see anything beyond graphics? give me a break.

so far what i seen in Horizon as A LOT more than just graphcis. i've seen very intense, strategic and high speed action gameplay versus very creative and interesting enemies, aling side stealth gameplay elements. a plot with a very deep back story, interesting setting, unique world, variety of weapons/mods for the bow/arrow. a lush and interesting world that actually feels alive, dialogue choices, a very interesting story, a deep and interesting main character. with the promise of a dymanic weather and and day night cycle. 

ohh, and yes, graphics and an art style that are bounds and leaps better than what Zelda has to offer. 

what i seen with zelda is a barron empty world, uninteresting enemy desgin and mundane combat so far. 

after playing the best open world games the industry has to offer, zelda just doesnt look nearly as impressive. 

I have also played all those open world games you mentioned, half of them get boring in a week, bue that's another story, the thing is I have played them and I still find this amazing, people trying to find things to dislike it was completely expected and If you haven't played a soingle Zelda game in your life then you know nothing about how extremelly polish, charming and fun to play they use to feel once you are actually playing it, you think you can know how good is a game just by the looks of it, but that is only a part of the extremelly superficial culture of gaming of today, where everything has to look like a cinematic generic blockbuster for teenagers to be cool.

Zelda looks and will likely be miles better than Horizon. All 4 categories go to Zelda hands down.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

zelda looks great compared to the previous entries on the series, but compared to horizon?... i will go with the one that has mecha dinosaurs.

Around the Network

Horizon definitely looks better graphically to me. My expectation is that Horizon will have a better story, but Zelda will have better puzzles (based on past Guerrilla and Zelda games).

Honestly though, neither really struck me as mind blowing.

Zelda 1, 2,3 and 4.

I am a Nintendo fanatic.

Goodnightmoon said:
bananaking21 said:

what? i cant see anything beyond graphics? give me a break.

so far what i seen in Horizon as A LOT more than just graphcis. i've seen very intense, strategic and high speed action gameplay versus very creative and interesting enemies, aling side stealth gameplay elements. a plot with a very deep back story, interesting setting, unique world, variety of weapons/mods for the bow/arrow. a lush and interesting world that actually feels alive, dialogue choices, a very interesting story, a deep and interesting main character. with the promise of a dymanic weather and and day night cycle. 

ohh, and yes, graphics and an art style that are bounds and leaps better than what Zelda has to offer. 

what i seen with zelda is a barron empty world, uninteresting enemy desgin and mundane combat so far. 

after playing the best open world games the industry has to offer, zelda just doesnt look nearly as impressive. 

I have also played all those open world games you mentioned, half of them get boring in a week, bue that's another story, the thing is I have played them and I still find this amazing, people trying to find things to dislike it was completely expected and If you haven't played a soingle Zelda game in your life then you know nothing about how extremelly polish, charming and fun to play they use to feel once you are actually playing it, you think you can know how good is a game just by the looks of it, but that is only a part of the extremelly superficial culture of gaming of today, where everything has to look like a cinematic generic blockbuster for teenagers to be cool.

What's the issue with people not seeing much in the game yet? Why is it expected? I think the game looks great from the trailer and the treehouse gameplay video. But it still feels like it is missing something to me...it looks like well a good Zelda game like an upgraded WW which is not a bad thing by any means seeing as I thought WW was the best Zelda out of all of them personally. I enjoyed it WAY more than any other Zelda game. So it should be a great game when it releases.

But it did not give the WOW factor which is what the thread title asked...in that Horizon gives more of a WOW factor than Zelda does which is fine. Doesn't mean it will be a better game by any means but it leaves something more to think about. All while Zelda gives you an improved Zelda game feel which is awesome because I feel like if it isn't broke then don't fix it.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Goodnightmoon said:
bananaking21 said:

pretty much this.

i dont understand whats impressive about the Zelda Trailer. after playing a game like The Witcher 3, zelda just looked empty, static and... average. 

Horizon is putting so much effort into making the world feel alive, inhabited by both humans and the mech robots, while still feelings like nature has overcome the ruins of "the old ones". and when it comes to combat and gameplay, well, just look at the videos and see for yourself. Horizon looks like its on another level. 

You just cannot see anything beyond graphics do you? Honestly I doubt you have touched a single Zelda game in your entire life so it comes as a no surprise you dont see the hype.

The Witcher is much, MUCH more than just graphics. Ignoring Horizon entirely then yes theres nothing in Zelda that truly blows me away after playing W3. Despite that Zelda still had a very good showing. The game is (finally) embracing many RPG mechanics and being able to use so many different weapons in combat is a nice tough. That said theres nothing truly revolutionary or genre defining in there. Well, perhaps the unrestrictive climbing.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Horizon it has mech dinosaurs which are awesome so that's the first WOW. You really need to survive in the open world by continually crafting things so that keeps your gameplay more varied. Graphics well you have to be blind not to see Horizon being way better in that department.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar