By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Updated now with poll) E3: Zelda Breath of the Wild Vs Horizon Zero Dawn = which one has the "wow factor"?

Which one had the biggest "WOW! Factor"?

Zelda 273 58.84%

Horizon 179 38.58%

None 12 2.59%

Total:464
BraLoD said:
Come on, there is not even a comparison.
Zelda will be a good game, but it's not on Horizon level on any aspect.

I love how graphics mean "every aspect" nowadays, in the moment something looks more realistic or graphically demanding, people says is "another level", then half of those games end up being boring at the end but meanwhile the graphics hype is everything.

I'm sure if the first Watchdorg was presented today for the first time, some people would be saying is clearly in another level compared to Zelda too.

Around the Network

Wow this forum..... people are actually saying zelda looks better than horizon and has more of a wow factor?

Ok, is there something about this forum I need to know?

People are saying the gameply in horizon is old and boring?????

Ok, I'm just gonna bow out of this one.

Both are interesting. Horizon will probably be a great solid-85 game. Zelda is a beloved franchise for me though, and they just revamped it. I also know Nintendo will polish the game to the maximum. So I have to go with Zelda.

Zelda hands down for me.

Love the art style, the timeless visuals, the music draws me in as well as Zelda's voice and the general setting is nice to look at too, almost peaceful but at the same time you can sense a distant unknown danger within the lands.

I don't really think it;s fair to compare the two though, especially since one has an artist style while the other is very much focused on scifi realism with it's focus on amping up the pixels while also being on a system that is way ahead of the other, of course you're also going to get the usual people going for their game they've voted for a year ago in advance.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

DivinePaladin said:
This thread is literally asking for console warfare.

I personally don't get much out of Horizon. I'm hoping they escalate the gameplay, or the plot, or something, because right now there isn't much in it for me.

Zelda looks excellent but is still got some clear issues left to fix, and I can only hope the NX version looks better because while the game is gorgeous, it's clearly pushing the Wii U's limits.

But to answer the question: Who cares? They're not really comparable games and it's going to come down to a simple Sony v Nintendo argument almost every time if you try to compare them.

Actually no it will not come down to that almost every time you compare them it will come down to which game you prefer plain and simple. People can have discusiions about these two games if they chose what's wrong with that? This thread is asking a question not asking for console warfare. And it was a good question to big games from Sony and Nin both seem open world and like really good games. So what's wrong with asking questions?

If you read through the thread a lot of people have given some great break downs of why the think which did what so it is a good discussion.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network

Horizon looks much better.
The whole world of Zelda is empty from what I have seen yet.

Goodnightmoon said:
bananaking21 said:

pretty much this.

i dont understand whats impressive about the Zelda Trailer. after playing a game like The Witcher 3, zelda just looked empty, static and... average. 

Horizon is putting so much effort into making the world feel alive, inhabited by both humans and the mech robots, while still feelings like nature has overcome the ruins of "the old ones". and when it comes to combat and gameplay, well, just look at the videos and see for yourself. Horizon looks like its on another level. 

You just cannot see anything beyond graphics do you? Honestly I doubt you have touched a single Zelda game in your entire life so it comes as a no surprise you dont see the hype.

what? i cant see anything beyond graphics? give me a break.

so far what i seen in Horizon as A LOT more than just graphcis. i've seen very intense, strategic and high speed action gameplay versus very creative and interesting enemies, aling side stealth gameplay elements. a plot with a very deep back story, interesting setting, unique world, variety of weapons/mods for the bow/arrow. a lush and interesting world that actually feels alive, dialogue choices, a very interesting story, a deep and interesting main character. with the promise of a dymanic weather and and day night cycle. 

ohh, and yes, graphics and an art style that are bounds and leaps better than what Zelda has to offer. 

what i seen with zelda is a barron empty world, uninteresting enemy desgin and mundane combat so far. 

after playing the best open world games the industry has to offer, zelda just doesnt look nearly as impressive. 

Intrinsic said:
Wow this forum..... people are actually saying zelda looks better than horizon and has more of a wow factor?

Ok, is there something about this forum I need to know?

People are saying the gameply in horizon is old and boring?????

Ok, I'm just gonna bow out of this one.

It is an opinion. We can all agree to disagree.

By the way, it is obviousl who watched only the Zelda trailer and who watched the treehouse events as well by who says "Zelda looks empty."

sc94597 said:
By the way, it is obviously who watched only the Zelda trailer and who watched the treehouse events as well by who says "Zelda looks empty."

By the standard set by other modern open world games it is fairly empty.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.