By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was the last game you played that (at least for you) deserved a "Perfect 10" score?

Resident Evil 4 I guess.

Around the Network

I reviewed Titanfall at launch and gave it a 9/10. I would give it a 10/10 today.

Prior to that, maybe CoD4? Bioshock?

Zkuq said:
Teeqoz said:

Deserving a perfect 10 score doesn't mean it's a game without any flaws.

I know, that's what I just said. But it was called 'perfect 10' so I responded to that. I don't think it should be called 'perfect' if the game itself is not perfect.

I do believe perfect 10 just means it's not 9.99999/10 rounded up. Just that it deserves an exact, precise 10. Which, again, doesn't mean it's perfect.

A 10/10 doesn't imply perfect any more than a 9.75 or a 9.5 implies something is a little less than perfect.

That being said, the last real 10/10 game that happened for me was Metroid Prime.

Lube Me Up

Teeqoz said:
Zkuq said:

I know, that's what I just said. But it was called 'perfect 10' so I responded to that. I don't think it should be called 'perfect' if the game itself is not perfect.

I do believe perfect 10 just means it's not 9.99999/10 rounded up. Just that it deserves an exact, precise 10. Which, again, doesn't mean it's perfect.

It seems we'll have to agree to disagree then.

Around the Network

I'd give 10/10 to a bunch of recent games.

2014: Mario Kart 8
2013: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
2012: Xenoblade Chronicles
2010: Super Mario Galaxy 2
2007: BioShock
2005: Resident Evil 4, Psychonauts
2004: Half-Life 2, Metal Gear Solid 3
2002: Metroid Prime
2001: Halo: Combat Evolved, Ico

Can't say I have one tbh, no game I've ever played has been completely perfect.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Enter the gungeon would be my most recent perfect 10 based on
- price
- replayability
- difficulty (it has the old school mentality. No hand holding)
- fun factor
- level design (procedurally generated dungeons)
- art style (a la castle crashers)
- the game is very funny even. The humor is sarcastically self aware but tasteful

As a complete package priced at $15, it's the best indie title I've played in the past five years by a healthy margin

Chazore said:
Can't say I have one tbh, no game I've ever played has been completely perfect.

Perfection is an unobtainable human concept. 10 doesn't mean perfect, it just means subjectively the best, otherwise we would use a scale of 1-9 as opposed to 1-10.

Uncharted 4

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1