By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One Slim Image Revealed - 40% Smaller!

SWORDF1SH said:
walsufnir said:

Of course you feel personally attacked but I said everyone can have their opinion. And why did I say that anything I say has to be swallowed as facts?

This "MS is to decide, not forum users without any knowledge in business."

Using that to downplay somebody's opinion, you lost any respect from me for your opinions. Killed the debate right there.

So yeah, seeya!

Good-bye and farewell, old friend!

Around the Network

MS must hate that this leaked early.

I wonder how much the 2TB HDD will effect price, if its not around the same price as the current Xbox One, I dont think it ll do much sales wise, when we already "know" they have a scorpio comeing next year.

JRPGfan said:

I wonder how much the 2TB HDD will effect price, if its not around the same price as the current Xbox One, I dont think it ll do much sales wise, when we already "know" they have a scorpio comeing next year.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=206706481&postcount=2089

Most people are guessing 500GB = $299, 1TB = $349 and 2TB = $399 so it looks like that will be the prices.

kowenicki said:
NobleTeam360 said:
I'm coming around to the design. Just need the price.

Can't see this being cheaper.

IMO if they manage to bvring it down to under Xone launch price its OK. Looks pretty well made all around, and with a Gears bundle, this one could be one hiot item for the Christmas period.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Wow, it looks so nice! I should have waited before buying my Xbox One lol

Around the Network

Has this been posted yet?

The new Xbox One slim is the same size as the current PS4's.

I dont see how they can charge more than the PS4 costs, for this slim and expect it to sell well.

How many people want/need 4k video playback via netflix ? Sure there are some but... is it enough to sell you on a new xbox?

walsufnir said:
SWORDF1SH said:

Somebody's triggered.

It just makes sense if your product isn't selling great to keep the options down. Of course great for us and the XB1 is a good console but unless MS think this will shift the tide (it won't) and they can sustain 3 different models and whatever bundles they decide to have, they are going to have a lot of stock stuffing the channels. If they want to drop a new bundle they will have to clear some of that stock out of the channels which will lead to more fire sales.

All in all the slim will provide a boost in sales but after the honeymoon period, it will just drop back to the level of sales pre-slim. I don't think it will sell enough to have 3 different models, but opinions hey!

MS is to decide, not forum users without any knowledge in business. Also I think that MS is releasing it because it is also a benefit for them, probably it's cheaper to produce. Anyone thinking that the slim alone will be the reason for an ongoing sale increase will be disappointed.

Because MS never in their life made a single bad mistake in their hardware business... oh wait. Never the less, this seems to be a great option for people who want to jump in on the Xbox this gen.

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

poklane said:
JRPGfan said:

Most people are guessing 500GB = $299, 1TB = $349 and 2TB = $399 so it looks like that will be the prices.

All 4k blu ray players are currently over $299US and do not contain the graphical components that the Xbox One has(they don't play video games) or a hard drive. I don't really see a price of $299US for even the 500gb Xbox One S variant unless Microsoft love losing hundreds of dollars per console or they somehow managed to produce these units for $1US :P I could be wrong though. I still think this is a hoax.

Guitarguy said:
poklane said:

All 4k blu ray players are currently over $299US and do not contain the graphical components that the Xbox One has(they don't play video games) or a hard drive. I don't really see a price of $299US for even the 500gb Xbox One S variant unless Microsoft love losing hundreds of dollars per console or they somehow managed to produce these units for $1US :P I could be wrong though. I still think this is a hoax.

We dont know if this xbox slim can do 4k blu ray playback.

It could be they just mean it does netflix streaming ect in 4k.

Carl2291 said:
Fei-Hung said:
Wow they managed to make it smaller and keep the disc drive (unless I'm mistaken).

Internal power brick too apparently.

Great, this is what I was waiting for. Yet with the Scorpio rumors, better wait another 6 months :/
I wonder if 4K video includes 4K discs, probably not but I can always hope.