By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Florida Pulse gay club attacked.

WolfpackN64 said:
Slimebeast said:

What the hell? How often do you see devote christians commit terrorist attacks?

And who said it was "every muslim's" fault?

So fucking dishonest.

Just another reason we need to close the borders and stop all immigration to the West.

That's just idiotic. The man was born in the US.

Radicalizing against gay people in the US isn't that hard. Watch Fox News, hear a few GOP people talk drivvle and there you go.

Don't be such a simpleton.

Why do you even have to mention Fox News? The majority of Muslims aren't too fond of gay people, for the same reasons practicisng and devout Christians aren't. It is taught to them. Sorry as an athiest gay man, I find the amount of backpeddling and obscuring of common Islamic homophobia ridiculous and for me personally, worrisome. Fortunately, I live in a large enough, and diverse enough country for this to not be a foreseeable issue. 

http://www.cnn.com/2016/04/11/europe/britain-muslims-survey/ (52% of Muslims in Britain think homosexuality should be illegal.) 

http://www.gallup.com/poll/107512/moral-issues-divide-westerners-from-muslims-west.aspx

^ Only 4% in Britain think homosexuality is "morally acceptable"? 

Seriously.... 

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:
hershel_layton said:
Minute I saw shooting, I knew it was going to be a Muslim. I rarely see shootings from non muslims reach huge headlines :/ You know what though? It's annoying how this is suddenly every muslim's fault, but when a christian goes ape shit and shoots people, there's always an excuse. He was young, got bullied, etc etc. Can we admit both groups are crazy? Also, seeing this makes me realize why we can't be super open with guns. We need some sort of restriction. It's unforunate, but that's life.

Guess I'll have fun with more random "security" checks from here on out. I'm predicting 7 breaking news terror attacks from now to the end of the month. I'm also predicting around 15 breaking news terror attacks from now to the elections for the US.

What the hell? How often do you see devote christians commit terrorist attacks?

And who said it was "every muslim's" fault?

So fucking dishonest.

Just another reason we need to close the borders and stop all immigration to the West.

1) Ever heard of the Phineas Preasthood? What about the 

Liberation front of Tipura? LRA? Eastern lightning? I don't recall the media going nuts over Frazier Miller. Before you call me dishonest, I hope you realize both Islam and Christians have psychotic beasts who do nothing but put society down. Stop acting as though Christians are magically innocent.

2)I was on Fox News. Guess they were having their typical anti-muslim speaker. Then again, it's unfair. Every large broadcaster has their fair share of biased speakers.

3)Also, what do borders have to do with this? While I agree with your point for borders needing to be controlled/closed, what does THIS situation have to do with borders? This dude could be a man who's simply from a different country, but spent the majority of his life in here.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Radicalizing against gay people in the US isn't that hard. Watch Fox News, hear a few GOP people talk drivvle and there you go.

Fox news doesn't encourage people to kill gays...

There was clearly radicalization from elsewhere, and we'll find out soon enough.

Hate is not always telling people that other people need to be killed. It can start by telling other people are bad, abnormal, etc...

But please, go look around the world, but don't be surprised if you end up where you began.

barneystinson69 said:
WolfpackN64 said:

Fox news doesn't encourage people to kill gays...

There was clearly radicalization from elsewhere, and we'll find out soon enough.

They don't openly say it but all Abrhamic religions have their issues with homosexuality. 

The difference in the West is religion has had its balls cut off and teeth removed thanks to the liberalism and secularism. 

Holy shit, 50 deads... I'm shocked.

I dont want to live on EEUU never.

Around the Network
barneystinson69 said:
hershel_layton said:
Minute I saw shooting, I knew it was going to be a Muslim. I rarely see shootings from non muslims reach huge headlines :/ You know what though? It's annoying how this is suddenly every muslim's fault, but when a christian goes ape shit and shoots people, there's always an excuse. He was young, got bullied, etc etc. Can we admit both groups are crazy? Also, seeing this makes me realize why we can't be super open with guns. We need some sort of restriction. It's unforunate, but that's life.

Guess I'll have fun with more random "security" checks from here on out. I'm predicting 7 breaking news terror attacks from now to the end of the month. I'm also predicting around 15 breaking news terror attacks from now to the elections for the US.

Maybe if muslims weren't at the forefront of these attacks so often, maybe then it would be different. When was the last time a christan group committed an attack in the middle east? You don't see christans going into gay clubs and killing 50 people, even if they don't agree with it.  And restrictions on guns? That'll just make it harder for the reponsible people to get it, it'll just go underground to criminals! 

Pretty sure that the vast majority of crimes in the US is commited by Christian raised people.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Well I'm going to Orlando next year for Wrestlemania, I'm still gonna go but I will be cautious.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ArchangelMadzz said:
Well I'm going to Orlando next year for Wrestlemania, I'm still gonna go but I will be cautious.

Statistically you have a higher chance of getting hit by lightning or killed in the cab ride to the hotel than you do being in a terror attack. 

It is really absurd to think Fox News is instigating this crap. The only people who say stupid things like that is people who don't watch what they preach against. It was attack based of a radical version of Islam. It is already confirmed. Now I watch all news and anyone who condemns one channel doesn't see the whole picture because guess what, they all have an agenda and will give you one side of their story. That does include Fox News but doesn't mean Fox News is always wrong but in this case there is no reason to even bring up that channel!

vivster said:
sc94597 said:

I never implied (nor explicitly said) it would solve gun violence. Homicide rates will continue to decline (which is at a respectable rate) at the rate they've been unless something drastic is done about U.S poverty rates and the war on drugs. 

My concern is that the right people (those who just want to defend themselves) are able to secure their right to do so. These are the people most disproportionally affected by gun control, not the criminals. 

You can't limit gun possession and gun availiability in the U.S. That ship has already saled. Most people who commit violent crimes get their guns illegally already. 

Stricter laws will definitely do something. They will hurt the people who most deserve to own weapons. 

The sailed ship mentality is certainly not helpful either. Just shows how broken everything is.

Let me ask you this. Are there more lives saved by civil gun ownership or more deaths caused by it? And I'm not talking about criminals.

The sad truth is, a gun will not protect your life or that of your family if you are actually attacked because the attacker will always shoot first. Protecting anything with your gun is a tall tale the gun lobby loves to tell to sell more guns to people. And apparently a lot of people are eating that bullshit up.

No, it shows that one is being realistic and thinking about realistic solutions that help law-abiding people. It is easy to look at it from the distance and think lowering the statistics should be as simple as enacting legislation, but it isn't. This is a complicated issue, that a few laws just won't fix. Regardless, homocide rates are declining quite healthily, and hopefully if we solve some more fundamental problems they'll decline even more rapidly. 

From what I've seen of the statistics, in addition to my common intuition living here, there are more lives saves. The majority of home-intruders don't have guns, but that doesn't mean they can't rape or kill you. Here are just a few stories I've read and sympathized with in the last few months. 

http://thelibertydoll.com/2016/05/13/barb-moles-80-year-old-shoots-home-intruder/ 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clW2jtv6qFc

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/08/21/14-year-old-uses-rifle-to-protect-siblings-from-alleged-home-invaders/

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/09/02/elderly-man-buys-gun-monday-morning-for-self-defense-shoots-alleged-burglar-monday-night/

http://dailycaller.com/2016/01/10/five-times-elderly-people-used-guns-to-save-themselves/

These are the weak in society. The young and elderly. They are taught how to use weapons properly from a young age. And they have protected themselves because of it. I don't see how the "gun lobby" has made these actual cases up. And I have seen plenty like them on the news. And these are only the stories of action. There are plenty more stories where guns are used as deterrents.