By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insider information about e3.

I work within the industry and I am going to spill some secrets.

Microsoft: will introduce game streaming (AAA games) and free xbox live. It will be missing features, but you can play multiplayer games for free.

Sony: They are working on a new AAA fps exclusive game that is comparable to Counter Strike, but for consoles. They want to make a successful fps because they know how powerful that genre is and take advantage of their large install base.

EA: They are announcing the new Mass Effect of course. 

I'll let you guys know more as time goes by.

Around the Network

free xbox live would be incredible for an announcement. It would also force Sony to look at their pay for online model.

This'll be fun to bump either way once E3 is over ...

Nothing you've said is too crazy, but Mass Effect Andromeda was already announced last year.

Around the Network

Free Xbox MP would be huge.

Edit: Not that i believe you but still, would be a big announcement if it did happen. 

If MS is going to put all their future 1st party games on PC/Windows then Multiplayer cannot be behind a paywall.

EspadaGrim said:
If MS is going to put all their future 1st party games on PC/Windows then Multiplayer cannot be behind a paywall.

True, but with PC, MS don't need to worry about hardware R&D costs, marketing etc. The online subscriptions are there to help create profits and offset hardware costs. 

Additionally, GWG will either become a separate paid for service or stop completely. 

Most importantly, I don't think MS will put an end to their most lucrative aspect of Xbox. If anything, they will keep it since GWG offers free games and offsets the cost of the subscription. 

If online on X1 becomes free... That would be a hugeee bombshell!!!! Online should always be free imo and if MS makes it, for X1, it would be raeeep.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

free online is always a good thing, I hope it forces sony to do the same.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5