By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Insider information about e3.

About 50 million Xbox Live Users.
Let's assume only 20 Million of them are paying for Xbox Live.
Let's assume all of them pay $50 for it (the cheapest option)

That would equal $1,000,000,000 per year.
Imagine what they could do with that money for their fans instead of just making XBL free.

How many 3rd party exclusives can you get with 1 billion USD? Every single year.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:

Free Xbox MP would be huge.

Edit: Not that i believe you but still, would be a big announcement if it did happen. 

If all the merging between pc and xbox is true, this would be a very logical step and also win over a lot of people to still buy the Xone even tough there is a new console coming next year.

Twitter @CyberMalistix

Free Xbox Live would be a terrible idea. How would Microsoft expect to make any money from Xbox One? Even PlayStation moved away from free online because it's extremely profitable.

I'm an insider as well and I've got it on good authority that both Sony and MS may or may not have a show at this years E3.

l <---- Do you mean this glitch Gribble?  If not, I'll keep looking.  

I am on the other side of my sig....am I warm or cold?  

Marco....

Free online multiplayer? Is this some sort of mirage? Will competition in the market manage the recovery of something that shouldn't have been lost? That would be insane if it were true, and if Sony has to follow...

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

There's no way that PlayStation Plus isn't the most profitable thing going for the PlayStation brand right now. Likewise for Xbox Live. Free online is about as dumb a prediction as any random person claiming to be an insider could make. 

Tge Ps3 also had free online last gen and Xbox 360 users never jumped ship; most of them convinced themselves they were paying for a superior service because it's not free.

DirtyP2002 said:

Imagine what they could do with that money for their fans instead of just making XBL free.

How many 3rd party exclusives can you get with 1 billion USD? Every single year.

The problem is that they don't do it, and I really don't understand why.

Why is there so few first party exclusives when like you say, they could take that subscription money and make five huge $200 million budget exclusives each year?!

Guys...he is...obviously not an insider.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Free online will not happen, why would Microsoft get rid of a guranteed source of revenue?

DirtyP2002 said:

And we're pretty much done here.

Also lol at the "rumor" that Sony wants to make a counter-strike like game. And lol at the Mass Effect rumor, you can't announce what you already have announced.