By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii finally Breaks it's top % market share with 44.5%!!!

The wii has never reached 44.5% according to vgchartz, therefore this thread is no longer valid.

mM
Around the Network
damkira said:

I think 50% marketshare is probably not until the end of summer. Brawl will sustain great sales (a la Wii Play) and Mario Kart will do the same.. Those two titles will be in the top 10 for years and prop up the Wii to about 55% marketshare very soon.

Bolded part. 

That is not going to happen. The Wii outsold the 360 and PS3 by 14K this week. If the Wii keeps that up, it will take 415 weeks to reach 50% market share, just under 8 years. 

If Wii wasn't supply constrained i would agree that 100% sure Wii tops 50% marketshare this year, I think it will be on the fiscal year...so on March 2009 it should be done
Cause when the demand of wii goes up [By MKWii, Wii Fit, SSBB or 2nd half big lineup] the sales don't bump a lot cause there are not enough consoles.

WiiU/Wii/3DS/DS/Xbox360/PS3/PSP Owner 
3DS FC: 1032-1246-9162  (Nacho)
Nintendo Network ID: Zap786
If you add me, please let me know to add you back

I think the Wii will get just over 50% market share by the end of the generation. But that is due to the 360 not selling very well.

Wii - 120M, PS3 - 75M, 360 - 40M

Hate to crash the party but it's back to 44.4%..........

With the upcoming releases in the next months it should be down to 44.2% or lower by end of April...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

Around the Network

Yeah, with the releases of Wii Fit, Mario Kart Wii, Okami Wii, etc, I'm sure it'll go down.

Also, don't forget the Korean release.

Korea, China and India are not huge on consoles (or most types of gaming outside of Sims or MMO's), especially China and India have an extremely low gamer adoption rate. Korea could pull 2-2.5 million sales and China and India another 2-2.5 and those are my absolute maximum estimates, no console has been popular in these countries, not even cheap and cool handhelds.

back at 44.4%

Guess who is already back to 44.2% ?

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

tombi123 said:

That is not going to happen. The Wii outsold the 360 and PS3 by 14K this week. If the Wii keeps that up, it will take 415 weeks to reach 50% market share, just under 8 years. 

yeah, cause we all know that it's accurate to take one week and use it as the basis for all future sales...

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp