By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii finally Breaks it's top % market share with 44.5%!!!

leo-j said:
superchunk said:
By end year wii will be over 55%.

Im going to go and say it will never reach 50%, a bet is something I would like to offer, the winner gets the others complete VG$, and loser will be banned from the site forever.

I backup this bet. The Wii will not reach 50% by the end of the year. I bet all my VG$ plus a week ban.

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

Around the Network
leo-j said:
Hmm.. strange, it seems ioi did something so that the mods cannot give vg$ back.

On topic:

I dont want to seem like a troll so I'll leave this thread, PM me if you want to take the bet.

As tempting as that sounds, you have a history of blatant ban evasion, and your amount of vg$ isn't exactly enviable...

Sony fanboys make stupid bets! (leo-j betting debt!)

Ot: wii will hit 50% just like ds. The only competition for Wii is the Ps3. (the 360 imo has had its final dance ages ago.)

Damn things have changed since 2009 began. Here are my new visions for the end of the generation.

Wii: 135 mil

Ps3: 85 mil

360: 60 mil

True Genius

This is great for the Wii, what will happen in the weeks surrounding Mario Kart and then Wii Fit. Wii is going to explode.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

^I hope it does, but the explosion may be offset by a little game called GTA4... I think everything will just even out..

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

Around the Network

You guys betting against the Wii are assuming Nintendo doesn't increase production, at all, this year.

Considering it's still selling out and they also want to launch in China/India, they will have little choice but to increase production. That alone basically guarantees them 50% by end of year.

Wii Fit will also increase demand more than it is now. I fully expect it's marketshare to be somewhere between 50-55% by end of year.

@ bigjon

I agree that GTA4 will offset MKWii and WiiFit somewhat, but given that the effect will be spread across two platforms whilst the Wii is set to recieve two major releases of similar epic proportions, it won't be enough to stem the Wii explosion. The biggest limitation of course, is still production.

I think 50% marketshare is probably not until the end of summer. Brawl will sustain great sales (a la Wii Play) and Mario Kart will do the same.. Those two titles will be in the top 10 for years and prop up the Wii to about 55% marketshare very soon.

Must of been some adjustments as it's back down to 44.4... hopefully will get back on track again.

The wii could be at 50% if Nintendo would get enough made... right now I am not so sure it will ever happen... depends what they announce the new production levels will be...

Wii will reach 100%!