By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii finally Breaks it's top % market share with 44.5%!!!

It will get past 60% market share.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

Around the Network
NJ5 said:
Just to illustrate what a holiday season can do to Wii's market share:

Market share as of 2nd of November 2007: 42.2%
Market share as of 4th of January 2008: 43.8%

That's a 1.6% gain right there.

If it wasn't supply constrained, it would have gained even more...

It might not be until Nintendo drops the price to $199, and it might not be this year, but the wii will go over 50%...

By end year wii will be over 55%.

So I take it that the general stipulation of those saying that the Wii will never hit 50% market share is that the gaming market will never exceed its best of 33% household penetration in any given territory? And that we will be stuck in a static and stagnating industry which will slowly die as only "hardcore" gamers continue to play video games? I certainly hope, for your sakes (as well as the sake of the entire video game industry), that you're very, very wrong.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

I don't know why, but i have that gut feeling that the Wii's marketshare will hover around 55%. After all is said and done that is.

Deep into the darkness pearing

Long i stood there

Wondering

Fearing

Doubting. 

Around the Network
superchunk said:

Im going to go and say it will never reach 50%, a bet is something I would like to offer, the winner gets the others complete VG$, and loser will be banned from the site forever.

mM
leo-j said:
superchunk said:

Im going to go and say it will never reach 50%, a bet is something I would like to offer, the winner gets the others complete VG$, and loser will be banned from the site forever.

So i'll be collecting -2,445.38 VG$ ? Yeah... I don't think that'll work out! lol

Guitar Hero 3/ Smash Hits
leo-j said:
superchunk said:

How does that work with -VG$?

^^beat me to it 

leo-j said:
superchunk said:

Never?

Hell I will take that bet, even if the Wii does slow down it won't do it all of a sudden so it should manage 50%...probably this year, maybe early 2009.

I don't want your debt though.

Didn't you have positive VG$ yesterday? what went on?

wii very close to 50% market share

Nintendo Network ID: Sherlock99