By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo WII crosses 10 MILLION in NA....PS3>360...No Bannings!!

leo-j said:
Soriku said:
Yay Wii in NA! :) On to beating the 360!

And ouch for PS3 in Japan. 15,000? Honestly, at this point we can say the PS3 is really dead in Japan. I wonder how MGS4 will help it.

Also, leo-j is right, isn't it 4 weeks? Unless this was the 3rd or 4th week? If yes, then I will miss half of the SDF ;( How long is the ban, btw?

@kingofwales

"Unexplained Increase in Wii... "

At this point we can clearly say that Wii sales are dependent on Wii shipments. The increase in Wii sales is due to increase in Wii shipments.

Judging by the bundle selling out in some retailers in japan, the ps3 should receive a significant boost in japan when MGS4 is released(I hope).

And soriku is correct about the wii.

200k according to you.

Around the Network

I actually found these numbers funny. I saw that 360 sell so much better in Others, and I expected to number in NA to negate the difference in EU......turns out they lose. So hahahaha. ANd of course, Japan was a no brainer

Looks like PS3 is finally overtaking xbox 360 for good. But lets see who is making more profit on the end of the first quarter.

If xbox sells 80,000 360s at lets say...150 bucks profit... they make more money than if they sell 100,000 xboxes at 50 dollar profit. Much much more money...

MANUELF said:
PS3 only 15k in Japan?, The PS3 is dead in Japan.

and to everyone else calling the PS3 dead in Japan:

Purely out of curiosity, if the PS3 is dead in Japan, what do you call the 360 in Japan? 

insomniac17 said:
MANUELF said:
PS3 only 15k in Japan?, The PS3 is dead in Japan.

and to everyone else calling the PS3 dead in Japan:

Purely out of curiosity, if the PS3 is dead in Japan, what do you call the 360 in Japan?

dead and buried

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Around the Network

I know my case may be only one story among a thousand others but I've noticed when Wii is going to have a spike in sales any certain week, the little store where I work at actually gets Wii's in stock, because we're small we're put low on the priority list, if they have enough to give us Wii's they're selling more, and the past two weeks we actually got shipments in (that sold out in less then 10 minutes) we didn't even get any for Brawl, so maybe this sheds a little light on the subject on why theres more Wii sales the week after brawl.

On another note Wii > DS this is the first time I've seen this, it seems an accomplishment if you as me seeing that the DS is a sales monster in its own right.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000