By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - May 2016 NPD Thread! Hardware and software numbers up!

Tag

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

Last year it was at 153k with only The Witcher 3. This year it has UC4, Doom and Overwatch. Imo 185k is too low.

Guess we will see in about 5 hours (depend when Cream or Acqua release the numbers), that said, at first i was with you with PS4 at >200K, but then i've got a discussion ( which you probabily saw if you follow NPD GAF) and well... i just changed my opinion. I won't be shocked if PS4 will be in the 210-230k range, since this was my first prediction as well, but i just don't see this happening now.

I only do it when leaks start coming in so..... link please?

Tug

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Guess we will see in about 5 hours (depend when Cream or Acqua release the numbers), that said, at first i was with you with PS4 at >200K, but then i've got a discussion ( which you probabily saw if you follow NPD GAF) and well... i just changed my opinion. I won't be shocked if PS4 will be in the 210-230k range, since this was my first prediction as well, but i just don't see this happening now.

Basically end of page 9 and a good part of page 10.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1224240&page=10

I want to follow this update

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

Hm okay. I'm with you now. Checking 2014 may, the PS4 did 197k with Watch_Dogs.

Teeqoz said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Hm okay. I'm with you now. Checking 2014 may, the PS4 did 197k with Watch_Dogs.

To be fair, i think Uncharted 4 gonna be a bigger system seller cause it's an exclusive game and because will sell a lot more than Watch Dogs ( on PS4, not all platform combined).

Though first half of 2014 was something of special for PS4, which looks like is very hard to top... this is probabily because the first half of 2014 there was still the massive launch hype, and many guys didn't got a PS4 cause the shortages in 2013.

The only month which doesn't look very strong is February because there were still massive shortages, but withouth that, no month in 2016 or 2015 did better than 2014.

Things gonna be difference from the second half, when that hype launch was finally gone. :p

Basically, i expect PS4 up MOM this time, while with Watch Dogs was flat/down.

Platina said:
Tug

InternetSlang.com

The slang word / acronym / abbreviation TUG

What is TUG?
TUG is "Masturbate"

TUG Definition / TUG Means
The definition of TUG is "Masturbate"

The Meaning of TUG
TUG means "Masturbate"

(tag)

Tagging even if this thread is going to be featured on the site's main page.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Another bold prediction:

WiiU will be third.

The PS5 Exists.