By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Most overhyped products

1) apple products.

Besides the ipad, I despise most apple products. They're overpriced, have no back button, and most of their products still start with 16 GB(and no option of SD card). Last innovation was probably the iPad. Apple watch is a joke...a very expensive joke.

2) yeezy's/jordan's/(insert popular shoe brand)

I don't know why, but people go nuts for their sneakers. Why though? It's not like it won't get ruined when you play sports or get it in contact with mother nature.

I've seen lines of 200+ people lining up for new Jordans. Do people not have anything better to do? The shoes will be 50% off within 3 months. Don't go spending over 300 for some sneakers. Unless they can make you jump 20 feet, just stick with the ones that are cheap and currently available.

3) Beats

300 dollar headphones...tried them, and they're not even that special. I'd understand a 100 dollar price tag, but 300 is pushing it. Many 100 dollar headphones are as good as(or better than) Beats. Nothing special besides the brand name.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

Around the Network

Personally, I love apple products. The one exception, as you yourself listed, was the Apple Watch.

Whoever made those smart glasses as well... I think in time they may actually be very cool, but whatever it was that released and I watched the videos for looked silly.

Ummm.... otherwise, I'd say (as a former customer when I was younger) Alienware is hyped via in-show advertisements but is really just quite overpriced. Seriously, I just bought myself a Build Your Own PC For Dummies book years ago and found I could make the same computers for waaaay less.

I am not an apple fan myself, but except for the I-watch, I-mouse and I-stiletto there products aren't that overpriced really. I agree with the other two products though especially those beats by dr Dré headphones. Another thing that is really overpriced is every complete pc that is made by a brand like alienware or MSI. Have you ever seen what they ask for an MSI gaming desktop, way more than necessary. If you put the bits together at a site as gamepc.nl the exact same pc except maybe for the casing is way cheaper. It's like buying a collecters edition for a game you get three useless things and the casing looks different and sometimes a bit better and you are charged €80 instead of €55

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Ka-pi96 said:
Fully agree with the first one. Apple products are massively overhyped.

No idea what yeezy's are, I've heard of jordans though, but even then only ever when watching American tv programmes. So I think that one might be exclusive to America.

Never heard of beats either. Maybe another America only thing?

Not really. There's been a massive ad campaign that was launched during the 2014 World Cup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_i3Lcjli84

Square Enix products last generation. I remember the hype surrounding every single small title, and I don't mean on this site, I mean in general.

Around the Network

Everything Mainstream except Game of Thrones.

Apple products for sure.

Not sure what else gets overhyped, I guess anything mainstream?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Ka-pi96 said:
Acevil said:
Square Enix products last generation. I remember the hype surrounding every single small title, and I don't mean on this site, I mean in general.

Last gen? Nah, that's definitely continued in to this gen as well...

Nah, I see more backlash now for Square Enix, the fans still go a bit crazy, regardless of quality output. 

Anything to do with star wars

I don't agree with Apple products being overhyped (besides the watch :p)