It's...

Halo: Combat Evolved 30 20.41%

Halo 2 35 23.81%

Half Life 2 3 2.04%

Knights of the Old Republic 34 23.13%

Other 45 30.61%

Total:147
curl-6 said:
Surprised to see so few votes for Half-life 2, considering how beloved that game is.

Yeah what the heck. I'm shocked really. Half-life 2 would be my #2 after Halo. And so many others profess to love it.

Around the Network

Jade Empire or Conkers Bad Fur Day, for me.

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Since I'm always happy to shine a light on an under-appreciated console, I want to nominate a few others.

Far Cry Instincts - an enhanced port of Far Cry with great combat and exploration
Doom 3 - a tense and scary shooter dripping with atmosphere
Ninja Gaiden - an all-time great hack-n-slash that's brutally difficult
Fable/The Lost Chapters - a quirky and unique action RPG
KOTOR - one of the best and most engrossing RPGs of all time
Splinter Cell - a gorgeous-looking, slow-burning stealth game
Psychonauts - the best 3D platforming not made by Rare/Nintendo
Morrowind - an open-world RPG for the ages
Halo 2 - this sequel boasts a great campaign and multiplayer mode
Half-Life 2 - a one-of-a-kind adventure with amazing physics
Jade Empire - a deep combat and morality system make this game shine
Republic Commando - a satisfying squad-based shooter with personality
Freedom Fighters - an overlooked gem of a tactical shooter

Man, Xbox had some great games :)

Yeah, console really deserved to sell much more. Your list alone is great and with games like Crimson Skies, Panzer Dragoon, Oddworld:Strangers Wrath,  Riddick, Forza, RalliSport Challenge 2, PGR 2 and others it had some fantastic console exclusives. 

Really good console for racing fans with Forza, PGR and Rallisport Challenge as exclusives. 

crissindahouse said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Since I'm always happy to shine a light on an under-appreciated console, I want to nominate a few others.

Far Cry Instincts - an enhanced port of Far Cry with great combat and exploration
Doom 3 - a tense and scary shooter dripping with atmosphere
Ninja Gaiden - an all-time great hack-n-slash that's brutally difficult
Fable/The Lost Chapters - a quirky and unique action RPG
KOTOR - one of the best and most engrossing RPGs of all time
Splinter Cell - a gorgeous-looking, slow-burning stealth game
Psychonauts - the best 3D platforming not made by Rare/Nintendo
Morrowind - an open-world RPG for the ages
Halo 2 - this sequel boasts a great campaign and multiplayer mode
Half-Life 2 - a one-of-a-kind adventure with amazing physics
Jade Empire - a deep combat and morality system make this game shine
Republic Commando - a satisfying squad-based shooter with personality
Freedom Fighters - an overlooked gem of a tactical shooter

Man, Xbox had some great games :)

Yeah, console really deserved to sell much more. Your list alone is great and with games like Crimson Skies, Riddick, Forza, RalliSport Challenge 2, PGR 2 and others it had some fantastic console exclusives. 

Really good console for racing fans with Forza, PGR and Rallisport Challenge as exclusives. 

Oh duh, I missed Crimson Skies! So much fun. We need more games like that. With Crimson Skies and Rogue Squadron mothballed, the industry is really lacking in arcade flight games.

I really need to play RalliSport 1/2. I own both but have never made the time.

Aeolus451 said:

Shooters... They're alright. (for most gamers, FPS is THE best genre. To me, it's just meh. They're short and your hand is held to the end. It's like being a mouse that has a mouse sized gun that's going through a maze while fighting creatures that are trying to eat it or kill it. Same thing but with a different title.

Out of curiosity and unrelated to the thread, have you ever tried the Metro games?

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Aeolus451 said:

Maybe you just didn't understand some of the mechanics of the game. You'd only miss alot if your skill with that weapon was low or the thing you were fighting had a lot of luck (the stat). Admittedly parts of the game were really buggy for consoles and those parts could be considered broken. 

Having a mechanic that makes spot-on shots miss is straight-up bad game design in my book. Imagine if a shooter did that; you line up a target perfectly, and the game rolls a fucking dice to see if you get to hit. That's crappy.

Ok, think of it like this. Even though you have a general idea of where a baseball will go when it's pitched, the general person or amateur won't be able to hit it with a baseball bat. Another way to put it is no person is skilled when they first start using a melee weapon, you're more likely to miss your target than to hit in combat even when it's a person you're aiming. If you are unskilled with a weapon in that game, you will miss more often than not. Anyway, it doesn't really matter because if they did a remaster or remake of morrowind, they'll change the combat to something closer to skyrim but hopefully they wouldn't dumb down the game.  

Wright said:

Aeolus451 said:

Shooters... They're alright. (for most gamers, FPS is THE best genre. To me, it's just meh. They're short and your hand is held to the end. It's like being a mouse that has a mouse sized gun that's going through a maze while fighting creatures that are trying to eat it or kill it. Same thing but with a different title.

Out of curiosity and unrelated to the thread, have you ever tried the Metro games?

I've played more of the older metroids than the new ones. My friend got me to try one of the new ones where it's like a first person shooter. 

Shenmue 2.

The reason why I bought the console in the first place. Barely played any other games on it, since the PS2 and the Gamecube had much more varied and better first and third party support for my tastes.

Aeolus451 said:
Wright said:

I've played more of the older metroids than the new ones. My friend got me to try one of the new ones where it's like a first person shooter. 

No, not Metroid. Read again. :P

Wright said:
Aeolus451 said:

No, not Metroid. Read again. :P

Opps. I skim read that. I swore it was metroid. haha.

Metro Last Light? I played that. It was fun. I liked that I could use a stealth approach the whole time.

Crimson Skies