It's...

Halo: Combat Evolved 30 20.41%

Halo 2 35 23.81%

Half Life 2 3 2.04%

Knights of the Old Republic 34 23.13%

Other 45 30.61%

Total:147

Hey, look at KOTOR pulling ahead!

And Halo and Halo 2 locked in a dead heat.

Still saddened by the lack of love for Half-Life 2 :(

Around the Network

Halo 2!

Shadow1980 said:
Halo CE. It's my all-time favorite FPS, and one of my top five games of all-time overall. Halo 2, at least in terms of gameplay, was a step down from the original in every way.

:D

What are your top 5, by the way? I know we have at least one in common

Halo 2 was the best OG Xbox game. It's the second best Halo after Reach.

Shadow1980 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

:D

What are your top 5, by the way? I know we have at least one in common

If I had to make a list:

#1: Super Mario Bros. 3
#2: Super Mario 64
#3: Halo CE
#4: A Link to the Past
#5: Super Metroid

Oh man, what a list!! That's a really great collection of games. Actually all are in my top 13.

My top 5:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
2. Deus Ex
3. Halo: Combat Evolved
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Final Fantasy VI

Hey, we have Halo in the same slot!

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
curl-6 said:

Having a mechanic that makes spot-on shots miss is straight-up bad game design in my book. Imagine if a shooter did that; you line up a target perfectly, and the game rolls a fucking dice to see if you get to hit. That's crappy.

Ok, think of it like this. Even though you have a general idea of where a baseball will go when it's pitched, the general person or amateur won't be able to hit it with a baseball bat. Another way to put it is no person is skilled when they first start using a melee weapon, you're more likely to miss your target than to hit in combat even when it's a person you're aiming. If you are unskilled with a weapon in that game, you will miss more often than not. Anyway, it doesn't really matter because if they did a remaster or remake of morrowind, they'll change the combat to something closer to skyrim but hopefully they wouldn't dumb down the game.  

Okay, I understand what you (and the game) are getting at, I just personally don't feel it works as I found it just annoying.

Was the Xbox port of Half-life 2 a poor conversion or something? 

Veknoid_Outcast said:

Oh man, what a list!! That's a really great collection of games. Actually all are in my top 13.

My top 5:

2. Deus Ex
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Final Fantasy VI

Ocarina and RE4 both make my top 10. :)

curl-6 said:

Veknoid_Outcast said:

My top 5:

2. Deus Ex
4. Resident Evil 4
5. Final Fantasy VI

It definitely didn't look as good as the PC version, but it played great.

And nice on OOT and RE4! What else is on there? Let me guess. Banjo? Super Mario Galaxy? A Fatal Frame game, maybe? Metroid Prime? BioShock?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
curl-6 said:

And nice on OOT and RE4! What else is on there? Let me guess. Banjo? Super Mario Galaxy? A Fatal Frame game, maybe? Metroid Prime? BioShock?

Being a console port I naturally expect it wouldn't look quite as great as the PC version did back in the day, but from what I can glean from gameplay videos, the Xbox port seems to look and play just fine regardless. Maybe nobody here played it on Xbox? Apparently it only sold 600k so maybe it just wasn't that widely played among VGChartz's userbase.

And yes, full marks! :) Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Bioshock, Banjo Kazooie, and Fatal Frame 4 all make my top 10. I think you're a bit of a mind reader. :P

curl-6 said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

Being a console port I naturally expect it wouldn't look quite as great as the PC version did back in the day, but from what I can glean from gameplay videos, the Xbox port seems to look and play just fine regardless. Maybe nobody here played it on Xbox? Apparently it only sold 600k so maybe it just wasn't that widely played among VGChartz's userbase.

And yes, full marks! :) Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime, Bioshock, Banjo Kazooie, and Fatal Frame 4 all make my top 10. I think you're a bit of a mind reader. :P

Wow! I didn't expect all of them! :D

We've chatted about BioShock and SMG so I knew you loved them. Plus I've seen you gush about Banjo (who wouldn't?). I know you love Fatal Frame. And Metroid Prime is the best so it was a safe bet :P

Confession time: I've still yet to play a Fatal Frame game :-/