By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst game you've ever played?

Ganoncrotch said:
lionpetercarmoo said:

Someone just mentioned Iron Man 2 which I forgot all about so i take back about Uncharted 1. I still however keep Brawl as it is a bad game. Lastly I love the Uncharted series so no bias towards Naughty Dog at all. 

Oh I wasn't directly attacking games you said were bad I just meant based on other peoples posts during this thread, like I said I know you might find a game in a series bad, but still Brawl was indeed far worse than Melee in terms of how slow it was... but if you were to take Brawl and put it next to a game like Ride to Hell it is a masterpiece.

Like I said though I wasn't just attacking games you said were the worst at all, was just an observation on the thread more so, there is a lot of games here which are the 10% titles from some consoles, but yeah the games which are in the 90s I just found a little strange, not at all saying you are biased against companies there mate, sorry if you thought I was.

My bad i was a little hostile should've paid more attention.

Around the Network
lionpetercarmoo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

Oh I wasn't directly attacking games you said were bad I just meant based on other peoples posts during this thread, like I said I know you might find a game in a series bad, but still Brawl was indeed far worse than Melee in terms of how slow it was... but if you were to take Brawl and put it next to a game like Ride to Hell it is a masterpiece.

Like I said though I wasn't just attacking games you said were the worst at all, was just an observation on the thread more so, there is a lot of games here which are the 10% titles from some consoles, but yeah the games which are in the 90s I just found a little strange, not at all saying you are biased against companies there mate, sorry if you thought I was.

No problemo at all! I guess a lot of people avoid bad games most of the time but I just came from finishing Bad Boys II on the GC this week... damn... that if there was ever a new title that you thought was bad you could throw on a few mins of that rubbish and it would make what you were playing seem like Game of the Year material :)

https://youtu.be/L8uYus3PqGo?t=1m5s

So very bad.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

lionpetercarmoo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

...Dude, you're a human being, you're not supposed to say something like that. This is where you double down and bring moms into the mix!

lionpetercarmoo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

I think several posters took this thread to mean "what popular game would you like to put in a thread as though it was unplayable, regardless of if you in fact actually played it" Shame really but a thread like this having some games in the 90% mark from gamerankings and Metacritic really makes me think... how does someone find their way to a gaming forum if the worst game they've ever played has received critical acclaim, I guess just play 1-2 games per generation really, weird.

Not everyone has the same opinion,suprised people don't know that.

That's not what I was implying and I think Ganoncrotch has the same thoughts on the matter. This thread reads like a "What's the most overrated game you've ever played thread" not a "Worst game you've ever played" thread.

Oh I have a new worst game actually.

About a year ago I bought some $5 app on my ipad called Oregon Trail, as it appeared to be the closest to the original.

When launched it crashed before the main menu screen, I updated iOS and it did that, updated the game and it did that... basically, through all sorts of updates and such, it has never once worked and my attempts to demand a refund went unanswered. Fuck those guys, that whole apple app store is just like the wild west right now, full of absolute garbage and con artists.

Around the Network

For me, it was definitely this abomination.

I was young when I got it, and never really researched the company behind it. The game came out around the same time as film series in the early 2000s...and had no connection to it, unlike the EA tie-in games for Two Towers and Return of the King. Since there wasn't a tie-in game for the first movie on Gamecube, I figured this game would fill out the trilogy.

Good gravy I was wrong. This game was so so bad. No actual tutorial, the graphics were terrible, the turn-based combat didn't even make sense, and random glitches everywhere. Heck there was one glitch in the Mines of Moria level that prevented you from actually advancing. I had to look it up online, and apparently you had to save your game in some random location and reset it in order to get through. FFS, I'm trying to beat the game, not catch Missingno.

The EA games weren't perfect sure...but they were godlike compared to this pile of junk.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Ganoncrotch said:
Darc Requiem said:
I see that several posters haven't truly played awful games. Worst game I ever played was Deadly Towers for NES.

I think several posters took this thread to mean "what popular game would you like to put in a thread as though it was unplayable, regardless of if you in fact actually played it" Shame really but a thread like this having some games in the 90% mark from gamerankings and Metacritic really makes me think... how does someone find their way to a gaming forum if the worst game they've ever played has received critical acclaim, I guess just play 1-2 games per generation really, weird.

If I didn't dislike shooters so much, I wouldn't put ghosts as one of the worst games. Obviously there are many worse games I could list( cough cough ds shovel ware cough).

Perhaps Ghost could be the worst huge game I have ever played. That and Destiny were horrendous for me.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

lionpetercarmoo said:
Barkley said:

Guess no one can have an opinion these days.

Chill, didn't say you couldn't have an opinion or your opinion is "wrong". Just never seen anyone say they liked Sonic 06 before, it's an extremely uncommon opinion, not an invalid one.

Super_Boom said:

For me, it was definitely this abomination.

I was young when I got it, and never really researched the company behind it. The game came out around the same time as film series in the early 2000s...and had no connection to it, unlike the EA tie-in games for Two Towers and Return of the King. Since there wasn't a tie-in game for the first movie on Gamecube, I figured this game would fill out the trilogy.

Good gravy I was wrong. This game was so so bad. No actual tutorial, the graphics were terrible, the turn-based combat didn't even make sense, and random glitches everywhere. Heck there was one glitch in the Mines of Moria level that prevented you from actually advancing. I had to look it up online, and apparently you had to save your game in some random location and reset it in order to get through. FFS, I'm trying to beat the game, not catch Missingno.

The EA games weren't perfect sure...but they were godlike compared to this pile of junk.

Strangely enough there was also a Fellowship of the Ring on consoles too and it was also completely different than the EA games. It was based on the books and overall it was a pretty mediocre game, I never got to play it when I was a kid because it never came out on the Gamecube but I do own it now on the Xbox...

I always thought it was strange that the EA Two Towers came also included scenes from the Fellowship where there was already a Fellowship game but looking at the messy history behind game adaptation of this series, it makes sense.

Barkley said:
lionpetercarmoo said:

Guess no one can have an opinion these days.

Chill, didn't say you couldn't have an opinion or your opinion is "wrong". Just never seen anyone say they liked Sonic 06 before, it's an extremely uncommon opinion, not an invalid one.

Don't have to tell me to chill, was clearly not mad since I put a meme.