By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst game you've ever played?

There were many; recently: Genji: Days of the blade

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Shikamo said:
My top 10 Worst game ever made:

1- Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified ( PS Vita )
2- Rambo: The Video Game ( PC )
3- Bomberman: Act Zero ( Xbox 360 )
4- Walking Dead: Survival Instinct ( PS3 )
5- Turok ( Xbox 360 )
6- Iron Man 2 ( PS3 )
7- Zhu Zhu Pets ( NDS )
8- Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force ( PS Vita )
9- Assassin's Creed Chronicles ( PS Vita )
10- Bubsy ( SNES )

the console on the list is on I played.

Turok was such a massive disappointment for me. I love the N64 games, so to see Turok tranform into some generic military shooter was deflating.

Veknoid_Outcast said:
Shikamo said:
My top 10 Worst game ever made:

1- Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified ( PS Vita )
2- Rambo: The Video Game ( PC )
3- Bomberman: Act Zero ( Xbox 360 )
4- Walking Dead: Survival Instinct ( PS3 )
5- Turok ( Xbox 360 )
6- Iron Man 2 ( PS3 )
7- Zhu Zhu Pets ( NDS )
8- Ratchet and Clank: Q-Force ( PS Vita )
9- Assassin's Creed Chronicles ( PS Vita )
10- Bubsy ( SNES )

the console on the list is on I played.

Turok was such a massive disappointment for me. I love the N64 games, so to see Turok tranform into some generic military shooter was deflating.

Yeah the same here, i Played soo much turok on n64 and see this shit shit ... well this game deserve stay in my list.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
costarica said:
There were many; recently: Genji: Days of the blade

Was that the PS2 game... where you could throw a baby at a point as a distraction? oh no Genji was the PS3 title, I'm thinking of Way of the Samurai from the PS2 I think... maybe... still though, you could throw a baby!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ouff, can't think of it. I honestly find myself more frustrated with highly praised games giving me average experiences over bad games/unknown games giving me bad experiences. Hype man, can make or break the sensation of a game.

I'm legit looking at my library and can only spot a few bad games that I can only deem mediocre/meh but nowhere near infuriating because of how bad it is. I realize this is sort of a pointless comment. Heh.

Barkley said:
lionpetercarmoo said:

Meh I like Sonic 06: Best music in the sonic franchise, good bosses and I only encountered one glitch.

Guess no one can have an opinion these days.

Around the Network

I kind of want to play some of these games, just to see how bad they are. There's something perversely appealing about a terrible game. Am I crazy?

Ganoncrotch said:
lionpetercarmoo said:

Not everyone has the same opinion,suprised people don't know that.

It's not that surprising at all that not everyone finds Call of Duty the best game in the world, what would be surprising though is if that game was the worst that anyone had ever played, I mean for a game which is perfectly functional to somehow appear worse to a gamer than something which is objectionally broken and unplayable then there is something really up, or like I said if you had just played a very small number of games (<10) then I could understand how it would be possible for a 90% rated title to manage to be the worst game ever played, I mean it would be true if that was the case.

But yeah this isn't a thread about games you played that are bad, it is meant to be the worst game you ever played, and I think if someone really thinks Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted or Mario titles could earn that title... I think it would have to come from a form of bias against the company given how much time and effort goes into such things, I think the occam's razor reaction to such a thing would be that the person making the statement possibly just doesn't like the platform those games are on, for me at least, that is how I see such replies in this thread.

Maybe more people need to play things like the Walking Dead fps, Tony Hawks 5 or Ride to Hell Retribution 1% so that they can broaden their views on just how good those titles are which they think are the worst!

Someone just mentioned Iron Man 2 which I forgot all about so i take back about Uncharted 1. I still however keep Brawl as it is a bad game. Lastly I love the Uncharted series so no bias towards Naughty Dog at all. 

lionpetercarmoo said:
Ganoncrotch said:

It's not that surprising at all that not everyone finds Call of Duty the best game in the world, what would be surprising though is if that game was the worst that anyone had ever played, I mean for a game which is perfectly functional to somehow appear worse to a gamer than something which is objectionally broken and unplayable then there is something really up, or like I said if you had just played a very small number of games (<10) then I could understand how it would be possible for a 90% rated title to manage to be the worst game ever played, I mean it would be true if that was the case.

But yeah this isn't a thread about games you played that are bad, it is meant to be the worst game you ever played, and I think if someone really thinks Halo, Gears of War, Uncharted or Mario titles could earn that title... I think it would have to come from a form of bias against the company given how much time and effort goes into such things, I think the occam's razor reaction to such a thing would be that the person making the statement possibly just doesn't like the platform those games are on, for me at least, that is how I see such replies in this thread.

Maybe more people need to play things like the Walking Dead fps, Tony Hawks 5 or Ride to Hell Retribution 1% so that they can broaden their views on just how good those titles are which they think are the worst!

Someone just mentioned Iron Man 2 which I forgot all about so i take back about Uncharted 1. I still however keep Brawl as it is a bad game. Lastly I love the Uncharted series so no bias towards Naughty Dog at all. 

Oh I wasn't directly attacking games you said were bad I just meant based on other peoples posts during this thread, like I said I know you might find a game in a series bad, but still Brawl was indeed far worse than Melee in terms of how slow it was... but if you were to take Brawl and put it next to a game like Ride to Hell it is a masterpiece.

Like I said though I wasn't just attacking games you said were the worst at all, was just an observation on the thread more so, there is a lot of games here which are the 10% titles from some consoles, but yeah the games which are in the 90s I just found a little strange, not at all saying you are biased against companies there mate, sorry if you thought I was.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Veknoid_Outcast said:
iLikeEggs said:

Yeah. Very repetitive. Poor controls involving me accidentally leaping to my death. Following people around the city is not enjoyable. Climbing all of those towers just to expand the map (again, this would be okay if there weren't SO MANY of them). It all just felt so artificial and bland. I got the game for less than 5 dollars on PC, and I would do anything to get those 5 dollars back. Still, not quite as bad as Heavy Rain, but I stopped playing games for a while after trying to get into all of these modern games that people rave about (Dragon Age, Witcher, Infamous, Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc.). I thought they were all awful, awful, boring, and vapid. It wasn't until I played Demon's Souls that my faith in gaming was restored. I am so grateful for that game/series. 

Demon's Souls for the win! Such an amazing experience. Souls series is definitely one of the happiest surprises of last gen.

And I totally agree about Assassin's Creed II. Ubisoft stuffed the sequel with so much STUFF. It ends up feeling like busy work. And Heavy Rain was disappointing too. Some of the puzzles are actually interesting, but often the game seems to be playing itself.

I guess that's why I liked it. First, I've been mildly obsessed with history since I was a kid and majored in it so just seeing the cities recreated and some warped versions of actual figures is pretty cool.

Otherwise, I loved all the puzzles from that "stuff" you mention; it was really fun 100%ing it to see what was revealed until I actually saw it and my fears were confirmed... Spoilers ahead:

It's a video of two people running about through a factory and at the end they refer to eachother as Adam and Eve. Basically, they used Sumerian mythology and, overall, just stole the entire premise of those Ancient Aliens people. I realize most of their stuff contradicts itself (not to mention is absurdly silly), so specifically the bit with aliens creating modern man in Sumer to work for them yada yada yada...

Needless to say I was a tad disappointed with that outcome. I imagine they must have changed it a bit since then as that's far too simple a story to stretch over so many installments.

*Edit* does [spoiler][/spoiler] not work here? Is there an alternative?

Oh yeah, that sci-fi storyline just felt out of place and pretentious.

I will say I loved the tombs. You got to slow down, solve puzzles, and do some careful platforming.

Edit: there's a spoiler font under "styles."