By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst game you've ever played?

BasilZero said:

The sonic games on Wii

Also ones I've beaten/completed....

Ooo, I need to make up a spreadsheet like that!

Around the Network

Basil, the last two columns...year played and times completed?

When I was a younger, whiny mother's boy (still am), I begged my mom for a game.com. Terrible piece of trash and Duke Nukem 3D was garbage on it. Ugh. I was one of the 2 people that were able to get it on the internet too.

BasilZero said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Basil, the last two columns...year played and times completed?

Yep that's right ;p

You're so organized! Now I really want to make one myself! Maybe I'll do that today at work...don't tell my boss!

Goodnightmoon said:

I'm sure I played way worse games but Spectrobes on the DS comes quick to my head, maybe is because I had some expectations, but I think it was completely awfull.

Crash Team Racing on the Ps2 is another one, awfull, dissapointing and boring as hell.

Oh and the Ps1 version of Shadowman is one of the most disgusting things I have ever played, it made want to puke, is like if the whole world was a made of shit, the framerate was horrible, everything was ugly as fuck, the controls were clunky and the game was so damn boring and depressive... ahg I hate you for making me remind of that.

I think you are talking about Crash Tag Team Racing.
Crash Team Racing only released on PS1 and was made by Naughty Dog and is probably the best Fun Racer ever.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I'm sure I played way worse games but Spectrobes on the DS comes quick to my head, maybe is because I had some expectations, but I think it was completely awfull.

Crash Team Racing on the Ps2 is another one, awfull, dissapointing and boring as hell.

Oh and the Ps1 version of Shadowman is one of the most disgusting things I have ever played, it made want to puke, is like if the whole world was a made of shit, the framerate was horrible, everything was ugly as fuck, the controls were clunky and the game was so damn boring and depressive... ahg I hate you for making me remind of that.

Crash Team Racing only released on PS1 and was made by Naughty Dog and is probably the best Fun Racer ever.

Yes that one, the only one that was released in Ps2 (GC/Xb too), it was terrible.

The first one was amazing, extremelly fun but certainly not the best of the genre, that's MK8.

Goodnightmoon said:
Dr.Vita said:

Yes that one, the only one that was released in Ps2 (GC/Xb too), it was terrible.

The first one was amazing, extremelly fun but certainly not the best of the genre, that's MK8.

There was also Crash Nitro Kart on PS2. Was a very good a game but definitely not at the Crash Team Racing level. 

It definitely depends on the opinion of the person which Fun Racer is the best one. It is a genre where you can pay attention to a lot things. I can comprehend when people say that Mario Kart 8 is the best one in the genre because there are a lot things which would justified that. But for me Crash Team Racing can not be topped.

Johnw1104 said:
iLikeEggs said:

Heavy Rain. Assassin's Creed II. 

I played them because they were well-reviewed, but holy moly, such garbage. Absolute garbage. Ruined gaming for me for quite a while. 

Haha I watched someone play Heavy Rain, which is to say, I pretty much had the experience of playing Heavy Rain.

Assassin's Creed II, though, I don't really agree with... I actually remember liking that one the second most of any of the franchise, trailing only IV. Was the combat just too repetitive for you?

Yeah. Very repetitive. Poor controls involving me accidentally leaping to my death. Following people around the city is not enjoyable. Climbing all of those towers just to expand the map (again, this would be okay if there weren't SO MANY of them). It all just felt so artificial and bland. I got the game for less than 5 dollars on PC, and I would do anything to get those 5 dollars back. Still, not quite as bad as Heavy Rain, but I stopped playing games for a while after trying to get into all of these modern games that people rave about (Dragon Age, Witcher, Infamous, Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc.). I thought they were all awful, awful, boring, and vapid. It wasn't until I played Demon's Souls that my faith in gaming was restored. I am so grateful for that game/series. 

Hi

iLikeEggs said:
Johnw1104 said:

Haha I watched someone play Heavy Rain, which is to say, I pretty much had the experience of playing Heavy Rain.

Assassin's Creed II, though, I don't really agree with... I actually remember liking that one the second most of any of the franchise, trailing only IV. Was the combat just too repetitive for you?

Yeah. Very repetitive. Poor controls involving me accidentally leaping to my death. Following people around the city is not enjoyable. Climbing all of those towers just to expand the map (again, this would be okay if there weren't SO MANY of them). It all just felt so artificial and bland. I got the game for less than 5 dollars on PC, and I would do anything to get those 5 dollars back. Still, not quite as bad as Heavy Rain, but I stopped playing games for a while after trying to get into all of these modern games that people rave about (Dragon Age, Witcher, Infamous, Heavy Rain, Assassin's Creed, Far Cry, etc.). I thought they were all awful, awful, boring, and vapid. It wasn't until I played Demon's Souls that my faith in gaming was restored. I am so grateful for that game/series. 

Demon's Souls for the win! Such an amazing experience. Souls series is definitely one of the happiest surprises of last gen.

And I totally agree about Assassin's Creed II. Ubisoft stuffed the sequel with so much STUFF. It ends up feeling like busy work. And Heavy Rain was disappointing too. Some of the puzzles are actually interesting, but often the game seems to be playing itself.

Action 52. At least in ET you can move without issue