By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sunset Overdrive Coming To PC (Rumour)

Waaah!?!?! Is that an official valve site? Or just a troll.... or just an official valve troll....

Around the Network
Mike_L said:
hershel_layton said:

I have never seen anyone on VGChartz talk about Half Life 3. In fact, i think we should replace NX rumour threads with Half Life 3 threads.

If you go to valve.software you'll see this

Half-Life will see its 20th anniversary in 2018 so it'd make sense to announce it this year.

The positive reception of Doom made an impression on Valve. Apparently, their motivation and confidence surrounding the difficult task in making a game that will be accepted in its own right got a huge boost.

Hasn't that been there for several years though?

Half-life 3 would be so incredible.

Awwww it's fake and years old T_T

Slimebeast said:
Mike_L said:

If you go to valve.software you'll see this

Half-Life will see its 20th anniversary in 2018 so it'd make sense to announce it this year.

The positive reception of Doom made an impression on Valve. Apparently, their motivation and confidence surrounding the difficult task in making a game that will be accepted in its own right got a huge boost.

Hasn't that been there for several years though?

Half-life 3 would be so incredible.

No. Of course not. Why would it still be up? I think it got up last monday. Yeah, it's fake.

konnichiwa said:
Guitarguy said:

Third party non-exclusive titles are different. If Nintendo's first party exclusives were available on PC, the Wii U would have sold less than what it currently has. It is the same(although to a lesser extent) with Sony. Exclusives are one of the main reasons to buy a specific console although this generation there seems to be another factor that was rarely spoken about outside hardcore gaming circles last generation; resolution.

What about Street fighter V? You think people said their are more fighting games on PC like Killer instinct I am not going to buy a PS4? I am not sure who it was? poklane? Who posted a picture that he was standing in a row with three people who were getting the PS4 SFV bundle in Europe. See last generation it was a popular discussion how MS was kind of stupid because who would buy a X360 because Mass Effect/Bioshock/Gears of war/Oblivion/Call of Duty II/FableII are on pc and I mention those games because they were console exclusives but it helped the X360 sales and Sony is following this generation.  

Sony really doesn't care that No Man's sky is releasing on PC aswell they know that people will buy PS4's for that game.

SFV is a funny one because the way people describe it here, the game would have come out probably never had good guy Sony not swooped in with money to make the game happen. And yet, even apparently being solely responsible for the games existence, they were fine with it releasing the same day on PC. They had no problem slapping "console exclusive" on the box. No Man's Sky, too. At two of my local Walmarts there are banners all over the electronics counter for the game, "console exclusive". Why would Sony go through the trouble of such marketing when it's also on PC?

The deals MicroSony makes for games and content makes it obvious they don't think there is much overlap at all in terms of gamers in both markets, and in Microsoft's case, the people who buy these games on PC are doing so in their store so they are still part of the Xbox/Windows userbase. The negative effect is tiny. I would guess that a vast majority of people who haven't bought an Xbone yet, don't give a shit about SO or Forza or whatever going to PC. Because their interest wasn't there in the first place. As you said, 360 had plenty of these games last gen yet still sold very well. PS4 has loads of console exclusives it shares with PC, yet still sells fine. If exclusives mattered as much as people make it out to be, WiiU would be faring a lot better.

There are big reasons the PS4 is outselling the Xbone at the rate it is. Games going to PC is far down that list of reasons.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:
TH-Work said:

These Half Life 3 comments gets annoying!

I have never seen anyone on VGChartz talk about Half Life 3. In fact, i think we should replace NX rumour threads with Half Life 3 threads.

Then this Forum is full of useless posts ;) Because Nintendo NX will exist, while Half Life 3 will never exist!

Barkley said:

It practically is, I won't be buying this game but anyone that will be buying it on pc doesn't need your pity because they saved $300 by not buying a machine that to them would be irrelevant and ended up with a game that performs and looks better and doesn't require a continued subscription to keep.

There's no reason to feel sorry, I'm sure many like myself are very glad they didn't shell out on an Xbox already and will be more than willing to shell out money for a game that will drop very quickly in price on pc. ;)

Good guy microsoft helping pc gamers save a fortune!

As a high-end and primarily a PC gamer, I can't agree with you.

I was an early adopter of the Xbox One, it actually makes me happier that more games are coming over to the PC where it gets exposed to more gamers, that's a good thing.. As that will hopefully translate into games with more development time and funding thanks to the larger audience.

And with Microsoft's push for cross-platform multiplayer, the Xbox should benefit from a boost in multiplayer populations as well, again, translating to a better console experience.

With that said... The Original Xbox still managed to do well considering it's short life and cemented competition, despite the fact that the majority of it's game library, even it's criticaly acclaimed AAA titles like Halo, Halo 2, Fable etc' were all on PC.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
Barkley said:

It practically is, I won't be buying this game but anyone that will be buying it on pc doesn't need your pity because they saved $300 by not buying a machine that to them would be irrelevant and ended up with a game that performs and looks better and doesn't require a continued subscription to keep.

There's no reason to feel sorry, I'm sure many like myself are very glad they didn't shell out on an Xbox already and will be more than willing to shell out money for a game that will drop very quickly in price on pc. ;)

Good guy microsoft helping pc gamers save a fortune!

I was an early adopter of the Xbox One, it actually makes me happier that more games are coming over to the PC where it gets exposed to more gamers, that's a good thing.. As that will hopefully translate into games with more development time and funding thanks to the larger audience.

And with Microsoft's push for cross-platform multiplayer, the Xbox should benefit from a boost in multiplayer populations as well, again, translating to a better console experience.

With that said... The Original Xbox still managed to do well considering it's short life and cemented competition, despite the fact that the majority of it's game library, even it's criticaly acclaimed AAA titles like Halo, Halo 2, Fable etc' were all on PC.

You don't actually state what you're disagreeing with, I guess that you didn't mind buying an Xbox even though you're primarily a pc gamer and all the games are coming to PC, so imo it's a waste.

If you prefer gaming on PC and all the games are coming to PC then the XBO is just a paper weight.

I'm also not sure what relevance everything about development you talk about has when my comment was about PC gamers not needing an Xbox and being thankful they didn't invest in one, you may not share that opinion but I'm sure a good proportion do.

Barkley said:
Pemalite said:

You don't actually state what you're disagreeing with, I guess that you didn't mind buying an Xbox even though you're primarily a pc gamer and all the games are coming to PC, so imo it's a waste.

If you prefer gaming on PC and all the games are coming to PC then the XBO is just a paper weight.

I'm also not sure what relevance everything about development you talk about has when my comment was about PC gamers not needing an Xbox and being thankful they didn't invest in one, you may not share that opinion but I'm sure a good proportion do.

I am disagreeing with you that the Xbox is an irrellevent platform with it's game library on PC, I thought I was being abundantly clear with the context I had written my post out in, but apparantly not for some.

And again. I disagree with you that the Xbox is a paper weight, not everyone can be bothered dealing with a PC. I have both and both platforms have a place in my home.
Now I look forward to the day when I can jump on my PC and fire up a game and play with someone using an Xbox in my lounge room and maybe mobile device for simpler games. (Spartan Assault anyone?)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:

I am disagreeing with you that the Xbox is an irrellevent platform with it's game library on PC, I thought I was being abundantly clear with the context I had written my post out in, but apparantly not for some.

And again. I disagree with you that the Xbox is a paper weight, not everyone can be bothered dealing with a PC. I have both and both platforms have a place in my home.
Now I look forward to the day when I can jump on my PC and fire up a game and play with someone using an Xbox in my lounge room and maybe mobile device for simpler games. (Spartan Assault anyone?)

Dude.... my enitre point and all my posts have been about PC gamers, I thought I was being abundantly clear, but apparently not for some.

And no your post wasn't clear in the slightest as I was stating the lack in relevance of the Xbox as a product to own for PC Gamers, and you talked about how PC/Xbox owners would benefit from crossplatform multiplayer which isn't relevant and more money going to development which again is not relevant to PC gamers not needing to own an Xbox.

I never said Xbox is an irrelevent platform, there are many people who prefer Console gaming and can't be bothered or don't want to game on a PC.