By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sunset Overdrive Coming To PC (Rumour)

Not saying it is not true but when Sunset overdrive released people were saying it is coming to pc and we are now two years later. Well how more people play Sunset Overdrive the better for gamers :).

Around the Network
Snoopy said:

If sony was smart they would release their games on PC. Maximize their profits. Sony and Microsoft knows PC isn't their competition.

Doubt it. There would be less reason to buy a PS4 if Gran Turismo, The Last Guardian, Uncharted, Horizon, God of War etc were being put out on PC. PC is rampant with piracy also(see The Witness).

Guitarguy said:
Snoopy said:

If sony was smart they would release their games on PC. Maximize their profits. Sony and Microsoft knows PC isn't their competition.

Doubt it. There would be less reason to buy a PS4 if Gran Turismo, The Last Guardian, Uncharted, Horizon, God of War etc were being put out on PC. PC is rampant with piracy also(see The Witness).

That's what people always say but then the best selling PS4 games Call of duty/GTAV/STar Wars battlefront/Fallout 4 etc are all on PC and especially the COD bundle sold a ton.

Turkish said:
Snoopy said:

Nintendo.... not so much anymore regarding consoles. Microsoft's Halo, Gears and Minecraft all benefited greatly by starting it off of PC. More exposure =  more money.

Sony will get all the exposure when they bring PS Now to mobiles and PC.

Mike_L said:

Yeah, about that.

PC version of Scalebound is not confirmed yet but I think every Xbox One "exclusive" will release simultanously on PC from here on out.

Hope it's true lol. But then again if the Xbone is basically becoming a cheap PC, and if MS is making an affordable, console sized PC aka Xbox Scorpio with 6TFlopz, then that compels me to get one.

Definitely. I'm with you on that.

konnichiwa said:
Guitarguy said:

That's what people always say but then the best selling PS4 games Call of duty/GTAV/STar Wars battlefront/Fallout 4 etc are all on PC and especially the COD bundle sold a ton.

Exclusives draw people to a console so that sony/microsoft can make the bulk of their money from third party software, as they get a cut from every piece of software sold on their system. Making pc more appealing is in neither of their interests, microsoft is only releasing their games on pc desperately trying to make windows store a thing because they want the same third party revenue on pc but it's never going to happen.

Their are definitely people who would buy a PC over a console if the console had no exclusives...

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Guitarguy said:

Third party non-exclusive titles are different. If Nintendo's first party exclusives were available on PC, the Wii U would have sold less than what it currently has. It is the same(although to a lesser extent) with Sony. Exclusives are one of the main reasons to buy a specific console although this generation there seems to be another factor that was rarely spoken about outside hardcore gaming circles last generation; resolution.

Snoopy said:
CGI-Quality said:

Uncharted - Owned by Sony.

Ratchet - Owned by Sony.

Yakuza - Owned by SEGA.

Sunset - Owned by Insomniac.

Two of those you'll always have to buy a PlayStation for.

The primary purpose of an exclusive is to attract people to your platform. Sony don't want you to just buy something like UC4 and then be done with them, they want you to buy a PS4 and become invested in their platform. They want you picking up a PS+ subscription, giving them royalties by buying 3rd party titles on the platform (or better yet, through their digital store), maybe picking up another controller, etc. This is also why advertising deals exist. In those situations, Sony, MS, etc, are literally throwing millions at a publisher to just to have them not mention their competition. Why? In the hopes of attracting people to their platform.

MS aren't really doing anything different. They're not simply putting their games on PC, they're mostly putting them on another closed platform that they directly benefit from (the W10 store). They don't just want to sell more copies of their 1st party titles, they want to attract people to that platform, and have them stay. They're betting away the X1's appeal to PC gamers (not all of it, but progressively more over time), in the hopes that they'll become invested in the W10 store (rather than something like Steam). MS have been trying to make Windows a more closed platform for years now. The W10 store is just their latest, and largest attempt. Profit is obviously the ultimate end goal, but they're not trying to get there just by selling more 1st party games.

When Sony eventually brings PSNow to PC, they'll be doing the same thing (far be it likely to a more limited degree). It's less "We are putting our games on PC", and more "We're letting you access our closed-platform through your PC. Why don't you stay and have a bear?".

Guitarguy said:
konnichiwa said:

Third party non-exclusive titles are different. If Nintendo's first party exclusives were available on PC, the Wii U would have sold less than what it currently has. It is the same(although to a lesser extent) with Sony. Exclusives are one of the main reasons to buy a specific console although this generation there seems to be another factor that was rarely spoken about outside hardcore gaming circles last generation; resolution.

What about Street fighter V? You think people said their are more fighting games on PC like Killer instinct I am not going to buy a PS4? I am not sure who it was? poklane? Who posted a picture that he was standing in a row with three people who were getting the PS4 SFV bundle in Europe. See last generation it was a popular discussion how MS was kind of stupid because who would buy a X360 because Mass Effect/Bioshock/Gears of war/Oblivion/Call of Duty II/FableII are on pc and I mention those games because they were console exclusives but it helped the X360 sales and Sony is following this generation.  

Sony really doesn't care that No Man's sky is releasing on PC aswell they know that people will buy PS4's for that game.

konnichiwa said:
Guitarguy said:

What about Street fighter V? You think people said their are more fighting games on PC like Killer instinct I am not going to buy a PS4? I am not sure who it was? poklane? Who posted a picture that he was standing in a row with three people who were getting the PS4 SFV bundle in Europe. See last generation it was a popular discussion how MS was kind of stupid because who would buy a X360 because Mass Effect/Bioshock/Gears of war/Oblivion/Call of Duty II/FableII are on pc and I mention those games because they were console exclusives but it helped the X360 sales and Sony is following this generation.  

Sony really doesn't care that No Man's sky is releasing on PC aswell they know that people will buy PS4's for that game.

Stuff like SFV and NMS occur because there is a secondary party involved. The possibility of them being PS4 only would likely have been brought up, but either the cost was great than the reward, or the developers out-right wouldn't agree to it. This doesn't mean there's no benefit to keeping it off PC, just that in those instances, both parties couldn't come to an agreement as to what that benefit was worth. Obviously it not being on a competing console is more important to Sony, but that doesn't make it all that matters.

Ultimately though, when it comes to the viability of "proper" exclusives vs including PC, the proof is in the pudding. Sony, MS, and Nintendo all restrict the majority of their 1st party offerings to platforms they have direct control over, thus have an active interest in attracting people to them (PlayStation for Sony, the WiiU/3DS for Nintendo, and Xbox/W10 store for MS). Clearly none of them, not even MS, believe that their games being openly available on PC doesn't matter.

Mike_L said:
UltimateGamer1982 said:
Nice! All that's left is halo and gears and I can finally have one less console cluttering up my cabinet.

Gears of War 4 PC release is all but confirmed. Aaron Greenberg even referred to it as a console exclusive.

OT: In one way I'm glad that I'll be able to play this on my PC but on the other a PC version will give me even less incentive to ever buy an XB1.

I loved my 360 but as I hardly have time for my current gen consoles PS4, Wii U, Vita, 3DS (and PC) I cannot justify buying an XB1 when they keep releasing the "exclusives" on platforms I already own.

As I've said before, had Dead Rising 3, PvZ Garden Warfare, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Quantum Break all stayed exclusive I'd most definitely own an XB1 already.

Well, you don't have to buy an XBO, MS clearly shows everyone that they don't care about where you play "their" games as long as you play them. That's why they do all this stuff, because PC+XBO is pretty much the same for them now and XBO is for those who simply don't game on PC or only very simple games on weak Laptops or whatever...