By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Are you Married, dating, single or...other?

I'm...

Married. 213 20.44%

Engaged. 50 4.80%

Dating (long term) 121 11.61%

Dating (Short term) 40 3.84%

In a polygamous, polyamar... 22 2.11%

Single. 543 52.11%

Other....in comments. 53 5.09%

Total:1,042
Cobretti2 said:
curl-6 said:

Still single, probably will be for the rest of my life to be honest. Simple truth is I'm just not want women look for in a man. In the game of attraction there are winners and losers, and I ended up in the latter category. Oh well, there's still plenty to enjoy in life; games, movies, friends, travel, a rewarding career, etc.

Looks is somewhat important but confidence and showing you can be therefor support is more important. Just avoid the gold diggers when you ger rich.

Quoted for truth. Confidence is the sexiest quality you can have, man. In high school, I had a friend who all the girls considered uglier than me if you just compared photos or us standing side by side, but he always got the girls or got the numbers. Why? He was funny as hell, he was smooth, and he oozed self confidence. Meanwhile, I was shy, stiff, sensitive and somewhat emo (I am the exact opposite now, lol. Some old classmates can't believe the person I am today).

I'll also say this: you migiht have to change some of your ways to make yourself more attractive to the opposite  gender. However, that doesn't mean you have to change the person you are. This is something that took me a long time to comprehend and accept, and I have a younger friend here in real life that reminds me a lot of myself from 15 years ago who I'm trying to help gain that self-confidence and realize his potential. I hope you find it too. :)

Looks are important, indeed. They are the very first impression you give someone, unfortunately, and those of us who struck out on the lottery in that regard will always have an uphill battle to fight. But showing that you are comfortable in your skin and making someone feel comfortable with both you and herself, making her laugh, showing that you can and will protect and provide for her, those qualities are as equally if not moreso important. Attractive can only take you so far and fades away with time; those qualities will always be appreciated.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
Single, but that's okay because Tinder is incredibly entertaining and fun.

Damn, surprised someone with your looks is single.

TheLastStarFighter said:
curl-6 said:

Thank you. I tend to come across as a lot more articulate online than I am in person because when I'm posting I have more time to consider my words and sentence structure, as well as more time just to think of what to say. Plus, as you say, I already have a common frame of reference with you guys cos we're all gamers who love to talk about games. Maybe I need to find a girl who's a hardcore gamer haha

That's frigging awesome man, good on ya :)

It's kind of like in a game where you know what you're supposed to do, but the controls are too laggy to actually pull it off.

Thanks bud. Yeah, it's interesting because you are one of the better spoken posters on here. The key for you will be to find a way to break the ice with a honey and get her to the point where she can appreciate your intellect and ignore the slower response time.

The one serious relationship I have had kinda sidestepped this problem via the fact that English was her second language, so she struggled with conversation as much as me. XD

monocle_layton said:

If anything my "looks" prove that looks aren't everything... you also need to desire a relationship. Which, I don't really, as of now. I mean, I am only 18 and University is about having fun.

I have been in relationships for almost everyday during high school and since. During high school, the longest amount of time I went without being in a relationship was about seven months.
I would break up with someone and typically end up with someone else within days, sometimes on the same day.

I had a serious relationship towards the tail-end of high school that I was in for seven and a half years. We broke up last year and I started going out with someone else four days late, whom I am still with to this day.

I cannot, for whatever reason, stay single.

Around the Network
NintendoPie said:
monocle_layton said:

If anything my "looks" prove that looks aren't everything... you also need to desire a relationship. Which, I don't really, as of now. I mean, I am only 18 and University is about having fun.

18? Yikes, thought you were 20ish. 

monocle_layton said:
NintendoPie said:

Says the 18 year old.

NintendoPie said:
monocle_layton said:

Says the 18 year old.

Well, I'd say we both look older than 18 years. Only difference is I'm not attractive. 

Well when you are on the edge of sociopathy it's probably best to remain single for the rest of your life. Besides I am 25 years old and I still don't have any desire to be with someone. Getting a well paid and fun job and a decent apartment are priorities I will focus on this year. Just graduated btw.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

trasharmdsister12 said:

And maxing out 3 different dating apps every day for 3 years and getting 0 legitimate matches is evidence enough that looks still matter. But I could provide more if required.

I know that feel. Between Plenty of Fish, OKCupid, and Tinder I must have messaged/swiped right on tens of thousands of women over the years with nothing to show for it.