By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - EU referendum -UK users

Leave or remain

Leave 412 53.72%

Remain 355 46.28%

Total:767
MikeRox said:
josh261995 said:
As a youngster i voted leave, so did everyone else i know, but to be quite honest i really cannot be bothered to type my reasons, ive done it enough times already.

Well the remainers don't want to know your reasons. They just want to tell everyone you are racist, naive and didn't know what you were doing.

The reality is most remainers didn't know what they were voting for either, they just wanted what they were told would make them richer and safer. (The remain economic argument already falling apart really as several of their day 1 claims completely failed to materialise.)

While ofcourse it won't become as bad as some of the scaremongerers were claiming.... the UK hasn't even left the EU yet. Plenty of time for economic turbulence still...

Of course, I'm not sure what claims you are talking about in particular.

Around the Network
Teeqoz said:
MikeRox said:

Well the remainers don't want to know your reasons. They just want to tell everyone you are racist, naive and didn't know what you were doing.

The reality is most remainers didn't know what they were voting for either, they just wanted what they were told would make them richer and safer. (The remain economic argument already falling apart really as several of their day 1 claims completely failed to materialise.)

While ofcourse it won't become as bad as some of the scaremongerers were claiming.... the UK hasn't even left the EU yet. Plenty of time for economic turbulence still...

Of course, I'm not sure what claims you are talking about in particular.

Well George Osborne said an emergency budget would be needed this week in event of a Brexit. That has now been postponed to when the regular budget will be...

A big claim was house prices will drop, but as good as that sounds, interest rates will sky rocket and so it will be completely offset. However the Bank of England has now said Interest rates will more likely drop...

Most of the remain campaign was "facts" based on the worst case scenario transpire, I think that's why people rebelled against it.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I voted leave. Immigration wasn't a big issue for me and I'd be fine if free movement of people was part of the Brexit deal in order to have tariff free single market access. Main issue for me was democracy & sovereignty. I want to live in a society where an elected government is our servant, not an unelected government our master.

Also, I hate seeing people say "I love Europe" as a reason for voting remain. I love Europe too; the culture, the art, the music, the history, the languages & the people, which is why I hate the "one size fits all" diktats from the EU. Europe yes, EU no.