By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 2016 Treehouse Thread

KLXVER said:
Not out in Europe. God damnit!

Meh. We don't have privileges :(

Around the Network

Woah, Rhythm Heaven is out now?

Sweet!

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Why are they showing color trash again...

Double post.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Einsam_Delphin said:

I'm making it easier to see how barebones the battle system is than just saying there's very little variety and depth. Cards and paint are infinite and easily obtainable so there isn't any resource management required when you can just enter every battle fully stocked. From what I've seen the cards look and function exactly the same as their Sticker Star counterparts, thus there's very little variety. Almost all Hammer attacks use the same action command and do the same thing, and every Jump attack is the same give or take the amount of damage. There are thing and now enemy cards, but they take no effort to use.

Not trying to defend the game, I still think that the combat system is broken. But I think paint is not infinite so there's definitely an element of "paint management" in the game. Each card wastes a quantity of paint, the stronger the attack, the more paint you waste. If I got it right. You can paint half a card if you want to make a weaker attack, but wasting less paint.

Around the Network

Projared, what are you doing here?

Volterra_90 said:

Not trying to defend the game, I still think that the combat system is broken. But I think paint is not infinite so there's definitely an element of "paint management" in the game. Each card wastes a quantity of paint, the stronger the attack, the more paint you waste. If I got it right. You can paint half a card if you want to make a weaker attack, but wasting less paint.

Infinite supply in the world I mean. You're not gonna run out of paint or probably even lose a significant amount in a single battle, so making sure you win battles using the least amount of resources isn't necessary. That's how it is in Sticker Star and this game is Sticker Star in literally every way.

Einsam_Delphin said:

Infinite supply in the world I mean. You're not gonna run out of paint or probably even lose a significant amount in a single battle, so making sure you win battles using the least amount of resources isn't necessary. That's how it is in Sticker Star and this game is Sticker Star in literally every way.

Problem is you don't really have to waste paint in battles, because you don't have to battle at all to reach the boss (facepalm). 

Volterra_90 said:

Problem is you don't really have to waste paint in battles, because you don't have to battle at all to reach the boss (facepalm). 

I know but I'm ignoring that to talk about how the battle system by itself isn't any good since people were saying it was. That was the main reason I quickly began avoiding battles in Sticker Star, they were more tedious than fun n engaging.

So honestly, now that it's all done, I think that Nintendo did fairly well given the awkward transition phase they're in. Lots of gameplay. Ever Oasis, Dragon Quest VII, Monster Hunter Generations, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE, Rhythm Heaven, all look good even though not all are really my jam. Paper Mario was as divisive as when it was announced but oh well. And of course Zelda and Pokémon look great.

Honestly, they could have had a small direct to start this off. They had enough to do 45 minutes with big slots to Zelda and Pokémon and a indie sizzle really to take 7 or 8 minutes up. But still, the streaming as good for the most part. Day 2 was better with more variety and therefore more focus and urgency.

This was definitely WAY better than I was concerned it would be.