By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 2016 Treehouse Thread

leedlelee said:
There has to be a reason to engage in fights, right???
Could they really have made the same mistake twice???

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I saw in this, winning fights can grant you cards and coins and paint as well. Doesn't seem pointless to me.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
leedlelee said:
There has to be a reason to engage in fights, right???
Could they really have made the same mistake twice???

Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I saw in this, winning fights can grant you cards and coins and paint as well. Doesn't seem pointless to me.

But you use cards and paints to fight, so it even its out.The only real thing you get out of it is coins.Stupid

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Color Splash really pisses me off. It's pretty evident that it shares the same issues Sticker Star had.

Why the hell can't they listen to feedback for once?

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

This is really a shame. I think that the levels look totally gorgeous, and I'm digging the humour better. I'm now a bit heartbroken tbh XD.

Nautilus said:

But you use cards and paints to fight, so it even its out.The only real thing you get out of it is coins.Stupid

And the coins are only used to get more cards.

Around the Network
Nautilus said:
KLAMarine said:

Does it even out though? Maybe a battle will help get rid of weaker cards for potentially stronger ones and the coins can be used to buy stronger cards too?

Not terribly familiar with Paper Mario beyond the N64 one.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Nautilus said:

And the coins are only used to get more cards.

Which you use in the battles, again XD. The cycle of idiocy.

Hmmmm so I am getting the general issue is just lack of incentive for battles?  Dialogue has humor, battle mechanics themselves seem good and interesting, graphics are good, etc, but there's no reward (that we know of yet) for battles?  Hmm, I can see where that will make the game less interesting.  Also could cause a real length issue. 

Did anyone else notice the hammer increases in power?  The max at one point in the stream was 180, later it was 220.  I wonder how that increases?  Could be tied to battles? 

Nuvendil said:

Hmmmm so I am getting the general issue is just lack of incentive for battles?  Dialogue has humor, battle mechanics themselves seem good and interesting, graphics are good, etc, but there's no reward (that we know of yet) for battles?  Hmm, I can see where that will make the game less interesting.  Also could cause a real length issue. 

Yep, combat system seems to be broken again. That's a huge problem for me, I can't overlook that. If battles are pointless and the best choice is to not engage into battles, it's really, really bad level design. Although, the game seems more lively, and it has a better humour than SS for what I've seen. Not enough. And it's a shame, it would only take a few changes to the combat system to make fights meaningful.