By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 2016 Treehouse Thread

Welp, looks like I'm buying a different game come October.

Around the Network

Honestly, for me - someone who isn't a Paper Mario veteran - I think it looks pretty good. Nothing spectacular but not bad. Which means this is a game that really is going to suffer for being a Paper Mario game rather than taking the ideas to a new IP.

Edit:  to be clear, I'm not criticizing the critics of this game.  It can be a bad thing for a game in a series to thumb its nose at its predecessors.  Just saying, in a vacuum, it doesn't look half bad to me.

The point of the paint is to know how to manage them, but the battle does not give any reward for fighting them, because you know, you are risking draining all your paint for figthing.In another words:the best tatic here is to avoid completely the battles.What an idiotic concept.I mean, why have battles in the first place then?

Gods, the person who is in charge of the Paper Mario series must be dumb, I cant see any other reason.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

RolStoppable said:

Those were some of the best aspects of Sticker Star. I am not opposed to selecting locations from a map in RPGs (yes, neither SS nor CS are RPGs, but whatever), because most overworlds are more or less pure filler between the legitimately interesting parts. Maps are more convenient than pipes.

Besides the point, but you can have maps and fast travel while still having a real interconnected world, ex: Xenoblade.

Nautilus said:

The point of the paint is to know how to manage them, but the battle does not give any reward for fighting them, because you know, you are risking draining all your paint for figthing.In another words:the best tatic here is to avoid completely the battles.What an idiotic concept.I mean, why have battles in the first place then?

Gods, the person who is in charge of the Paper Mario series must be dumb, I cant see any other reason.

I think they reward you with... more paint? Still idiotic. This franchise totally needs a back to origins badly.

At least dialogues are better imo. Not enough though.

Around the Network

There has to be a reason to engage in fights, right???
Could they really have made the same mistake twice???

Have a nice day...

So far the only good part about this Paper Mario game is the voice narration that's not even going to be in the game lol

Nuvendil said:

Honestly, for me - someone who isn't a Paper Mario veteran - I think it looks pretty good. Nothing spectacular but not bad. Which means this is a game that really is going to suffer for being a Paper Mario game rather than taking the ideas to a new IP.

Edit:  to be clear, I'm not criticizing the critics of this game.  It can be a bad thing for a game in a series to thumb its nose at its predecessors.  Just saying, in a vacuum, it doesn't look half bad to me.

This very much.

leedlelee said:

They don't know the meaning of the word feedback I guess. It was stated enough by fans with SS. Nintendo doesn't listen and think they're smarter than us. I guess. I don't really know. And it's a shame because I feel that the environment and the interaction with it is good. Totally ruined with a broken battle system, again. 

leedlelee said:

They could and did. Literally the only real difference between this game and Sticker Star is cards in place of stickers, that's it.