By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo @ E3 2016 Treehouse Thread

Nuvendil said:

Did anyone else notice the hammer increases in power?  The max at one point in the stream was 180, later it was 220.  I wonder how that increases?  Could be tied to battles? 

I'm guessing its because it has more paint which also seems to increase throughout the game. And the paint and HP is probably increased when you get more colored stars. There no indication of exp gaining so it may be those colored stars are the only real level up system in the game based on what we've seen so far. 

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:

Hmmmm so I am getting the general issue is just lack of incentive for battles?  Dialogue has humor, battle mechanics themselves seem good and interesting, graphics are good, etc, but there's no reward (that we know of yet) for battles?  Hmm, I can see where that will make the game less interesting.  Also could cause a real length issue. 

That is probably not the only problem.Sticker Star also suffered of severe lack of plot.And while we dont know for certain that this one has that too, it seems it is no different.I mean, the boss is a bowser minion.The enemy is bowser minions.I am guessing the story is like this:Bowser decided to steal the island paint.You need to stop him.End.

As I said, its not certain, but its most likely that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Nuvendil said:

Hmmmm so I am getting the general issue is just lack of incentive for battles?  Dialogue has humor, battle mechanics themselves seem good and interesting, graphics are good, etc, but there's no reward (that we know of yet) for battles?  Hmm, I can see where that will make the game less interesting.  Also could cause a real length issue. 

Man where were you during the thousands of times I explained why Sticker Star is a terrible game even if you pretend it's the only Paper Mario game. :L

Ending with Zelda it seems. Trying to end E3 in a good note

D'oh, I almost spoiled myself Zelda. Bye, bye, Internet XD.

Around the Network
Volterra_90 said:
Nuvendil said:

Yep, combat system seems to be broken again. That's a huge problem for me, I can't overlook that. If battles are pointless and the best choice is to not engage into battles, it's really, really bad level design. Although, the game seems more lively, and it has a better humour than SS for what I've seen. Not enough. And it's a shame, it would only take a few changes to the combat system to make fights meaningful. 

Well is it even the combat "system" or just the progress structure?  Cause I think it's the latter.  The battle system looks fine with some interesting elements but the fact that (as far as we see) you don't level up your hammer or character through battles is the big issue here.  Basically, it's structured like an RPG in level design and battle system but lacks the RPG mechanics in terms of character progression.  So the Action Adventure and RPG elements are in conflict rather than harmony.

These ladies are funny: shirtless again. lol

RolStoppable said:
Nuvendil said:

Did anyone else notice the hammer increases in power?  The max at one point in the stream was 180, later it was 220.  I wonder how that increases?  Could be tied to battles? 

I am not watching the stream, but it could be numerous things that do not necessitate fighting normal battles.

1. The action command was performed flawlessly in the latter case, resulting in more damage.
2. You saw two different hammer attacks.
3. Your damage output increases after winning a boss battle, just like in Sticker Star. Still means that you can skip all other battles.

Well no, in the top left you have your max paint capacity.  Which directly effects your ability to fight and potentially progress. 

Oh I didn't know you can cook insects too. That's pretty neat.

Shirtless Link at in game nightime is pretty epic too look at