By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2016 Press Conference Thread - It's over!

Tagged games:

I think I need a smoke. So many new games, great demos of games we already know, and added features to games.

Little disappointed at to Red Dead Redemption or Agent as rumored, and I wish I knew more about FFVII's remake, but you know what, I am physically and emotionally satisfied.

I rank that 9.3/10

9.3 - Sony
7.1 - Microsoft
6.8 - Bethesda
4.7 - Ubisoft
3.5 - EA

Bit of disparity with Sony on top. I liked Microsoft's presentation but I didn't love it. lack of new info, and where are the new IP's? Sony showed off like 4 completely new IP's (that we've never seen before today), not to mention showing off some great 'new' ip of games that we knew about but haven't been released (Horizon Zero Dawn and Last Guardian)

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
poklane said:
  • No release windows for a lot of games
  • No proper Crash game
  • Everything which was shown was fucking awesome
  • Where the fuck was Red Dead?

9/10

Apparently, cut out last minute. No one knows why :/ I score the conference 9/10 as well. Would've been 9.5/10 if Red Dead 3 (or Agent?) hadn't been cut.

It's totally fair for someone to not like the conference but frankly that someone isn't very into PlayStation games then. This had EVERYTHING for a PlayStation fan. Even motherf***ing Crash Bandicoot! :D Though, if it turns out that the remakes of Crash 1+2+3 are made by an average developer my score would go down to 8.5.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAXNQveHsG0

So does anybody know when the Resident Evil 7 demo will be up on PSN?

BMaker11 said:
Can't wait to see people say this conference wasn't good because "I just wasn't interested in what they showed".

This will inevitably be compared to MSs conference (and Ninty) and I just want to know what MS showed or what Ninty will show that trumps the back to back to back foray of games from Sony's conference?

Certainly not that cringefest Sea of Thieves or the, now generic looking, Buff Space Marines 4.

Well, of course MS won.  They talked a crap load about Windows 10, and how Xbox won't have real exclusives anymore.  That's what real console gamers love.  Just like how MS won last year cause of...uh...uh...backwards compatibility with games we've already played...?  Yea.  Screw all of those PS4 exclusives.  /s

Around the Network

Dammit Sony. You manage to fuck up everything.

I was gonna get a few hours of sleep between the conference and school, but then you went and made me so fucking excited that I'm wide awake. Thanks a lot Sony!

SWORDF1SH said:
GribbleGrunger said:

An excellent conference for me. I called GOW by the way.

That you did. Reminded me very much like the last of us.

Those ND production values appear to be spreading through all of Sony's studios, with the exception of Guerrilla but I'm sure they'll get there one day.

The PS5 Exists. 

9/10

GribbleGrunger said:
SWORDF1SH said:

That you did. Reminded me very much like the last of us.

Those ND production values appear to be spreading through all of Sony's studios, with the exception of Guerrilla but I'm sure they'll get there one day.

I've lost hope with guerrilla games when it come to Killzone. I think they make games that look and play excellent but fail on story telling and creating meaningful characters. There is so much potential there but never fulfil it.

I'm cautious about Horizon because I don't want this beautiful open world game that doesn't have soul. 

Mike_L said:
poklane said:
  • No release windows for a lot of games
  • No proper Crash game
  • Everything which was shown was fucking awesome
  • Where the fuck was Red Dead?

9/10

Apparently, cut out last minute. No one knows why :/ I score the conference 9/10 as well. Would've been 9.5/10 if Red Dead 3 (or Agent?) hadn't been cut.

It's totally fair for someone to not like the conference but frankly that someone isn't very into PlayStation games then. This had EVERYTHING for a PlayStation fan. Even motherf***ing Crash Bandicoot! :D Though, if it turns out that the remakes of Crash 1+2+3 are made by an average developer my score would go down to 8.5.

I don't think Sony has had a bad remaster, yet.  They usually hand it over to Bluepoint Games, who are great at remasters.  Not sure why more companies don't use them.  Though, since this is a ground up remake, they may request a small team within ND to make it, like they got Insomniac to remake R&C.