By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PlayStation E3 2016 Press Conference Thread - It's over!

Tagged games:

poklane said:
For some reason we didn't get a date for a single new game, not even a year... WTF?

Noticed that too, only real negative since it makes me think a lot of the games aren't coming anytime soon. 

Around the Network

Wall to wall games. The first conference this year to not bore me to death. Some sweet reveals, and hell, the new CoD actually looks interesting, something I never thought I'd say. And thank God for the Star Wars VR reveal, wife was not on board with VR until that popped up.

A Resident Evil 2 remake and Devil May Cry 5 were supposedly "leaked" on NeoGAF for the end of the conference. I guess that leak was fake.

I thought the MS conference was good but Sony's kicked ass on the software front. And did I really just read a comment complaining about GoW being different and then complain about it having more kratos. What do you want? More of the same or a change of direction?

But guys... God of War?

I was blown away. Holy sh... how can a game look so good?! Damn it, it looked crazy good. I can't believe to have that in front of me on the screen one day. So raw, that realistic, heavy atmosphere, variation in tempo, the addition of an experience system and lastly those breathtaking graphics.

I am so hyped.

Around the Network

Short and filled with content, great show for me with multiple games I want. That opening set was hit after hit.

If it wasn't for Days Gone this would've been a good conference.

What were they thinking with that gameplay? Setting a record for most moronic main character in the most boring and generic environment?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Gonna need a few days to digest this.. very divided. Such a mix of "awesome" and "ugh".

God of war - an example of that mix. Looks awesome. But also looks like they're going for a ND-style presentation with Souls-like gameplay..which isn't bad but i miss mah proper hack and slashes. Feels like the genre has truly died after seeing that transformation and it's sad.

TLG - thanks for sending GOTG out to die between BF1, TF2 and COD. *thumbs up*

Insomniac's Spidey looked great

Days Gone looks like what I expected, an uninspired "us too" ND-poor-man's-clone. Also, try watching videos of God of war, Days Gone and Horizon side by side. Yeahh...variety's being thrown out the window in the AAA scene.

Death Stranding - Too bad you didn't tell the squealing people that is just a small VR title and your real game is something else. I assume. Because it makes sense.

Resident Evil 7 - OH MY GOD. The most disappointing reveal this generation, I'm going to pretend this never happened, that Capcom doesn't exist, and that RE ended after Revelations 2 was released. I never want to hear a word about this shit again.

Abzu and Bound - two of the best games we've seen at E3, shame those cheap VR demos were more important for the conference and pushed these to the pre-show.

Never cared about Crash so no comment there.

No GR2, only a youtube trailer without a release date. Delay? Delay. FU.

Like i said I need to still digest but no way i'm giving it more than a 5/10. At least it was the least worse conference.."at least".

vivster said:
If it wasn't for Days Gone this would've been a good conference.

What were they thinking with that gameplay? Setting a record for most moronic main character in the most boring and generic environment?

Yeah, that gameplay was straight trash. A character just running around and sometimes turning around to shoot a few dozen zombies, nothing more.

BMaker11 said:
Can't wait to see people say this conference wasn't good because "I just wasn't interested in what they showed".

This will inevitably be compared to MSs conference (and Ninty) and I just want to know what MS showed or what Ninty will show that trumps the back to back to back foray of games from Sony's conference?

Certainly not that cringefest Sea of Thieves or the, now generic looking, Buff Space Marines 4.

It's not a contest anymore. They're in totally different worlds now, with eons apart. Sony just has so damn much to offer and everything oozes quality. Instead of games feeling like a rehash from old, everything feels fresh and relevant and improved.