By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite "Unpopular" Final Fantasy

X and XII

Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean you are necessarily right.

Around the Network
BasilZero said:
BraLoD said:

If they do a Remaster, I rather they lets us choose how to play like with X.

I rather have the original system than the job system so I can raise any characters exactly as I want, but I see a lot of praise for the job system so it would be better to have both.

Oh, and make Omega Mark XII have 10M HP like in the japanese version xD

Wait what?

Choose how to play with X? What do you mean?

I was confused too but on second thought the US version didnt have the Expert Sphere Grid which essentially throws away the characters classes allowing you to build them however you want from the start rather than them having distinct roles. 

This was available in the PAL version and International Version in Japan. It wasnt available in the US until the remaster.

XII, quite the satisfying game to play.

Hm, Final Fantasy 13 I suppose. I enjoyed it but the game is very boring the first 15-20 hours or so.

FF2 and FF12 are actually pretty good I think. 2 improved on some aspects of the original and 12 tried to do a lot of different things. The open world aspect of 12 was quite something.

Around the Network

As other already said, bit surprised 8 is not among the choices.
For me, I would say XII (even though I never finished it..) and also 13-2 and 13-3.
Especially 13-2 I think is a really good game, probably 4th spot on my personal FF-list

Can we include spinoffs? FF Tactics A2 is one of my favourite DS games

FF3 was pretty fun too, but that was my first FF as well

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Kuksenkov said:
The Crystal Bearers. Criminally overlooked, the combat system might be a bit shallow but it can be exploded in cool ways in order to get medals. Everything is as top notch a third party Wii game could get.

I agree, it's really cool. A very nice game.

Final Fantasy XII. It got an amazing and very well developed world, fantastic voice acting and dialogue direction, fun combat with a lot of customization options (the gambits), a cool cast (with the exception of Vaan and Penelo), a great soundtrack, fantastic sidequests (the hunts are really good) and I loved the political tone that the story had.

For me? My favorite 'unpopular' Final Fantasy games are Mystic Quest and Crystal Chronicles. Both games were excellent. Mystic Quest has one of the best FF soundtracks I can remember. And Crystal Chronicles was a fun game as well with 3 friends. It ended up like a light version of a game like Diablo for me.