By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite "Unpopular" Final Fantasy

FFX-2 is incredibly stupid, but it still has the best battle system of any Final Fantasy game and is genuinely a blast to play.
FF Type-0 HD had a lot of problems and a terrible plot and essentially no real characters, but the gameplay was fantastic.
FFXIII-2 is a lot of fun and by far the best in FFXIII series.

FFXII is awful though. I remember when it came out, I was in high school, and four of my friends were really excited for the game. And then we amusingly all ended quitting around the same time (about two-thirds of the way through the game) because it got so boring.

Around the Network

Hmm... from those... FF3. It's pretty much like FF5 with the job system. The story is nothing special, but i enjoyed the remake alot. At least i finished it. Despite beeing very popular, it's sonething i never managed to do with FF4.

It's interesting that you have 8 excluded, not wishing to go against your rules, but whenever someone poses this question it is always my answer. It is my outright favourite FF, but the only ever person I've known to even like it was one of my mates, we both played it to death when it first came out. Still go back from time to time, one of the few games I still do.

Don't ruin the moment

Currently Playing: Rocket League (PC/PS4), Dead Cells (PC)

LordyPlays on YouTube

Alex_The_Hedgehog said:
Am I the only one that thinks Mystic Quest was cool?

I mean, it's not too much of a challenge, but the use of weapons and jumps to solve puzzles was a very neat addition.

Mystic Quest is a legend!! It's one of the ... no, it's THE best RPG in the SNES history ... no, of all time!!! Yes, that's it.

/just kidding, it's extremely tuned down and simplistic, but manages to be sooooo much fun at the same time that it makes me smile every time I think back about it.

I like 5 a lot actually, but I also love 12.

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)

Around the Network

The Crystal Bearers. Criminally overlooked, the combat system might be a bit shallow but it can be exploded in cool ways in order to get medals. Everything is as top notch a third party Wii game could get.

I actually quite enjoyed 13-2 as the time travel aspect and being able to catch monsters again was so much fun!!

FFXII

FFV. It's a really good game and it's really overlooked.

You kinda limited the options there, but from the ones that I can choose, I think FF5 is the best one.Has the better story from all of them, and the more refined battle system too.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1