By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Favorite "Unpopular" Final Fantasy

Ruler said:
Never beat any FF except the Demos of 15 but isnt any FF unpopular in some ways? even for 7 people cry that it turned the series into Emo Junk in their own words

In the OP I sort of tried to explain what I meant by popular. I mostly meant by how often they're brought up compared to others. They're more of the outcasts than the others who tend to steal the spot light

Around the Network

Well if I'm just supposed to pick games not mentioned in the OP then I pick Crisis Core followed by FF12.

Crisis Core FFVII hands down the best FF spin off I've played. I wish they'd give this game the FF Type-0 treatment and remaster it.

Out of the title choices, I'd probably pick FFV if for no other reason than the annual Four Job Fiesta. FFV itself isn't much of a masterpiece though. It falls into the overall average category when compared to IV and VI. Still an enjoyable classic JRPG, regardless.

I hated XII, don't have any love for the XIII trilogy as a whole, haven't enjoyed any of the spinoffs, really, and I'm not big on the early FF titles (I, II, and III) for their lack of well crafted, story focused progression.

Well, an exception to the spinoffs thing is probably Tactics A2. I'm not huge on the tactical, square grid RPG types, but I enjoyed what I played of that one.

12 & 8

They arnt popular fan favorites but their both good games.

Around the Network

12. It's the greatest FF game ever.

11 - I many many hours into it over the years and many all nighters during my collage years, Was so refreshing at its time compared to everything else the MMO market offered. From a pure singleplayer side I'd have to say 3.

Final fantasy 12, which also one of my favs, and I also really enjoyed ff13 and ff13-2.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

If i had to choose a spin off I Would definitely say "the 4 heroes of light" :)
It has an awesome battle system and it´s the begining of the Bravely saga :D

Is this just supposed to be an FFXII appreciation thread??
Anyway mine would be FFXII obviously, 2nd best in the franchise.
Everyone always talks about 6-10 being the most popular but honestly I think 12 might be more popular than a couple in that list.